in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-28-2007 1:41 AM by ridax. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2007 4:33 PM

Beomaster 6500 remote trouble

Both of my remotes (MCP 6500 and Beolink 1000) quit functioning at the same time which would indicate a problem within the Beomaster 6500. MCP indicates "no contact". I've tried putting the Beomaster in standby and pushing AV then SOUND 1 STORE on the Beolink 1000 but it had no effect. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks, Grant
  • 11-25-2007 4:59 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 6500 remote trouble

It does sound like the transceiver in the 6500. Do you have a link room? Can you control the BM6500 from there? Do you have a TV attached as you might be able to control it from that. Sounds like it needs a service I am afraid!
  • 11-25-2007 5:06 PM In reply to

No need to press AV. Just SOUND 1 STORE should make the STANDBY light blink in acknowledgement.

If no response try unplugging from mains for a couple of minutes then plug in again. Corny I know but cures a multitude of sins!

If no luck then problem could be with emitter reciever system and calls for technician assistance.

Regards Graham

• 11-25-2007 5:08 PM In reply to

Peter - Thanks for the quick response! Not sure what you mean by a link room, guess that means I don't have it. I do not have TV attached either. The biggest control issue is being unable to change the volume. I can do pretty much everything else manually. I am an electrical engineer but I was hoping someone could point me towards the problem before I dig into it. Grant
  • 11-25-2007 5:10 PM In reply to

Thanks Graham. I did try that but there's no blink and no change. Do you know of any way to vary the volume manually? Grant
  • 11-25-2007 5:44 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

If you want to go this route (I did, back in 2001 when I purchased a complete Beosystem 6500 from eBay and it turned out that the turntable and the MCP did not function), send your items to the Soundsmith, in Peekskill, NY. They fixed all my items to new.

-Sal 

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 11-25-2007 5:53 PM In reply to

Thanks Sal. That gives me an option. Did they happen to tell you how they fixed the MCP function?
  • 11-25-2007 6:02 PM In reply to

It must be the Beomaster as I cannot believe that two remotes will both stop working at once. The link room idea was if you used the Master Control Link to operate the system in another room. In this case there is a separate IR transceiver in the other room which would bypass the one in the Beomaster. But clearly you don't have one!
  • 11-25-2007 6:39 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

A tip I got from Craig the other day will rule out the coincidence that both remotes quit at the same time.
    Use the camera on your mobile (cellphone) to see it the IR lights up on your BL1000. It will show up very brightly if it's working. Does sound like it's the Beomaster though.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-25-2007 6:56 PM In reply to

Very clever Andy! I'll give it a try.
  • 11-26-2007 1:39 PM In reply to

Peter - I have upgraded my Beoworld membership and I'm awaiting access to the service manuals online. Do you know of tech savvy contacts that I could question? For example I'm thinking that the problem may well be the on board battery in the emitter section.
  • 11-27-2007 1:55 PM In reply to

Will it power on manually or mute? Are the switches in the front working?

Disconnect all other devices, a defect beogram or beocord can stop communication.

Martin

P.S.: The CR2032 Lithium cell and the 8032cpu are candidates...

• 11-27-2007 3:59 PM In reply to

Thanks Martin! It will power on and everything seems to work OK except for the remotes (which means I cannot adjust the volume). The switches in the front are working and all other devices are disconnected. It seems to point to the wireless receiver within the BM.

There is a cautionary label that refers to some special procedures in the service manual for replacing the Lithium cell. Have you done it or do you have a copy of the service manual? Is the CR2032 readily available?

Grant 

• 11-28-2007 1:41 AM In reply to

• ridax
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 44
    • Bronze Member

I have a small PCB with a few components that you can put together and then you can control many of the functions (including volume up/down) from your PC instead.

Or if you really prefer, I could change the software on the microcontroller a little for you, so you can connect two push-buttons to the PCB for volume up and down...

But of course the best option would be to repair the unit...

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)