in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-02-2007 4:42 PM by Alex. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-22-2007 5:08 PM

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

Beoport connected to the pc and mac

I would like to know if it's possible connect beoport to the pc and mac together, so, I would can control link video option with beoplayer (v.tape, tv, dvd...) and n.music, n.radio and frontrow through my mac. I had thought use something like usb splitter, but don't be sure this set up will work.

Luis

• 04-22-2007 7:25 PM In reply to

Re: Beoport connected to the pc and mac

I think if you turn on either PC or MAC it should work, otherwise if both are on at the same time I would think it crashes or even worse. The USB connection is 2 way so the PC and Mac would compete over the same resource.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 04-22-2007 10:34 PM In reply to

Maybe a Mac with an Intel processor running Parallels?

• 04-23-2007 2:06 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

A Mac doesn't need an Intel processor to run Parallels, it's an emulation layer which will run on both PowerPC chips AND Intel chips.

This isn't a very elegant solution though, as you can't realistically run Parallels all the time because it uses a pretty large amount of system resources.

To call up link products on a Mac, the only thing I can think of doing is getting an EyeTV, connecting that to your Mac, and get a BeoLink Video terminal and connecting that to your EyeTV.

You can't connect a BeoPort to two machines at once as far as I'm aware though Sad

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-01-2007 4:13 AM In reply to

They system requirments for Parallels is Mac OS® X Tiger 10.4 or higher running on an Intel® Mac. see http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/sr/ I hope this makes things a little clearer.

• 10-01-2007 1:44 PM In reply to

Parallels and Apple´s Bootcamp both need an Intel cpu, only emulating Windows via VirtualPC works on PPC (verrry slow). I would also try connecting the BeoPort to an IntelMac and try running the BeoApps on Windows via Bootcamp or Parallels. Though I´m not sure, if it will work. Probably give Beocare a call before...he...heRegards, beoberlin
  • 10-02-2007 4:42 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I have been corrected, shame as Parallels is really pretty impressive, although definitely not something I'd keep open all the time...

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)