in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-24-2007 2:40 PM by Jandyt. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2007 10:22 PM

I love plastic

Plastic is a great material, plastic used by B&O is warm and cool at the same time, with a great feeling and "touch" (beovision 1 and also the beovision 8).

In Italy (the "country of the design") we used plastic from the sixties: masterpieces are made in plastic.

Alluminium is also great but I don't think that the MX series could be made so beautiful in a different material then plastic.

So, I don't mind that b&o use "poor material" because is not poor at all. Too many terrible objects are made in terrible plastic material but the problem is not in the plastic... this is the real problem, so, b&o go ahead using this fantastic material... use it with fantasy and geniusm that's all!

So... tomorrow I will go to book my beovision 8 in white!!!!! 

• 11-23-2007 11:05 PM In reply to

Re: I love plastic

take a look, as you have a chance, to my little white loft:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21187503@N03/sets/72157603275635504/show/with/2058174769/ 

• 11-23-2007 11:34 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for sharing your photos. It's a great place you have there! I love white, and really can see that you have made the most of your living space. And is that a G4 cube I spied in the kitchen area???? :-)

-Sal 

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 11-23-2007 11:59 PM In reply to

Thank you for your comments.

Yes, it is a g4 cube (the special edition at 500mhz, the normal version was at 400mhz). I am an apple fan from 1981 (apple II)

• 11-24-2007 5:32 AM In reply to

scognamiglio:

Plastic is a great material, plastic used by B&O is warm and cool at the same time, with a great feeling and "touch" (beovision 1 and also the beovision 8).

In Italy (the "country of the design") we used plastic from the sixties: masterpieces are made in plastic.

Alluminium is also great but I don't think that the MX series could be made so beautiful in a different material then plastic.

So, I don't mind that b&o use "poor material" because is not poor at all. Too many terrible objects are made in terrible plastic material but the problem is not in the plastic... this is the real problem, so, b&o go ahead using this fantastic material... use it with fantasy and geniusm that's all!

So... tomorrow I will go to book my beovision 8 in white!!!!! 

You are absolutely right. It's really how and in what case you apply a material. Enjoy your BV8!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-24-2007 9:19 AM In reply to

Very nice loft but I was wondering how comfortable is that chair. You look a bit serious sitting in there  Smile

Which city do you live in? I am originally from Italy

Bruno

• 11-24-2007 10:24 AM In reply to

scognamiglio:

Thank you for your comments.

Yes, it is a g4 cube (the special edition at 500mhz, the normal version was at 400mhz). I am an apple fan from 1981 (apple II)

The original Cube was 450 MHz (I should know I have two, one of which has seen a little upgrading in it's time). And i hope that Cube isn't on with the power supply on top of it, you'll kill it.

Nicholas 

• 11-24-2007 2:40 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Thanks for sharing these pictures wit us, Scognamiglio.
    Here is a link to your site for other Beoworlders.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)