in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-24-2007 7:19 AM by Peter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2007 5:20 PM

Bought one today.

Just to let you know I decided to buy the Beo 5 remote earlier today. I wouldn't say I necessarily need it, I just fancy a change from the Beo 4 which I have been used to for some years now. I gave the dealer the list of 9 channels and I will be updating the list to 27 in the near future. I'll keep an eye on this forum of course for all useful information. I must say, in true B&O spirit, there is something quite nice about this remote. Its different - and I like that! Rather interesting, just like the BeoVision 8, which is REALLY growing me all the time. Definitly be getting one of those for a bedroom TV at some point soon, just need to choose the right colour. Hope you are all enjoying your Beo 5s anyway.

Best wishes.

Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 11-23-2007 6:02 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Bought one today.

Enjoy!  Let us know how you get on with it in the Beo5 Forum, and pass any new tips and trick on too!!

Still trying to like the BV8...  i just think the lack of a contrast screen makes it look like any other LCD at a glance... I'm sure it will grow on me though!

Lee
    Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-23-2007 8:46 PM In reply to

9 LEE:
    Enjoy!  Let us know how you get on with it in the Beo5 Forum, and pass any new tips and trick on too!!

Still trying to like the BV8...  i just think the lack of a contrast screen makes it look like any other LCD at a glance... I'm sure it will grow on me though!

Lee
    Smile

I'll keep you posted about the Beo 5. Regarding the BV8 I know what you mean. I have similar feelings towards the Serene, Serenata and BeoSound 6 - but ONLY becuase they have Samsung written on the product as well as B&O. I would never buy such a product, no matter how good it was. I want to buy B&O and see the B&O logo ONLY. I cannot for the life of me understand what they are doing. Surely they must realise people don't want to see that. If you want a Samsung product, you go to Samsung and buy one! Its like walking into Burger King and asking for a Big Mac and Fries!

The BV8 may grow on you, it may not. I liked it a little at the beginning, but not too much. But now, I really do like it a lot. Saw the white version today in Bath which is OK but it didn't grab me as much as I thought it might. I tend to favour the products from the 80s and 90s much more than I do the modern day ones. Something seems different about B&O products now but I can't quite put my finger on it. A lack of stylistic innovation I think although I appreciate it must be harder with all the patents and competition out there now. The BeoSound 9000 though, with its cool CD mechanism; the BeoSound 2300/3000 with the sliding doors, the BeoSound 8000s with their iconic shape, the same can be said for the amazing traingular speaker design of the AV9000. Masterpieces! What about the phones, aren't we due for an update? I like the 6000s and the BeoCom 2 but it must surely be time for a new type, especially with a speaker phone that I really miss. Sometimes I feel I buy things because I love the brand and am loyal to it, but more recently, not necessarily because I like the product. I liked the BV5 as you know, in fact I loved it. So what did they do? They discontinued it! Because all I could get was an older one, it made little sense to take that route because of the lack of HD and connections, but if it was available, I probably would have done. The BV9 is bigger, has the ALT and is a different beast, so I didn't consider it. Anyway, I am drifting here!!

Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 11-24-2007 5:57 AM In reply to

I am still not sure about the Beo5. I didn't like it all at first, but now I really do. Just not sure about the user interface, so I haven't bought one yet.

I agree completely with the slightly off topic Samsung / B&O logo issue. I have no problem with components sourced from other manufacturers, but I like to have a real B&O appearance (design, use of materials and indeed the logo).

It's the same story with the design issue. I agree, although I never particularly liked the AV9000. I love the BV5 as well, but the BV9 starts to grow on me.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-24-2007 7:19 AM In reply to

I think the Serenata is actually very B&O in many ways. If it had been released 6 months ago, it would have made more of a splash in my opinion. However the iPhone is dominating all mobile phone discussions - and rightly so in my opinion. The Serenata is very nice though...

Not so keen on the BS6 as it is just too like the Samsung original  without any really stunning bit of eye candy that one might expect from B&O. I am sure the sound quality is good though.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)