in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-25-2007 2:51 AM by PAJ. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2007 12:29 PM

• PAJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 49
    • Founder

Adding auxiliary sources.

Does anyone have a solution for adding aux sources.  I have used the aux port on my BS9000, the scarts an my Avant and my Beoport on my Mac for getting non B&O sources onto the MasterLink.... no problem, works like a dream.  However at the moment my AppleTV is connected to my Avant,  (good sound but nonHD image) and I am considering relocating the Avant and installing a DLP projector in my main viewing area.  The question is ...... how to connect the AppleTV  so that the audio is available as a source on the MasterLink.  It would be nice if there were some cute little black box device that could provide this additional aux input onto the ML.

--Phil

• 11-23-2007 12:35 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Adding auxiliary sources.

Not sure how much you're looking to spend, but a BeoSystem 3 sounds like your best option!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-23-2007 12:44 PM In reply to

• PAJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 49
    • Founder

Thanks, but that would be an inelegant solution.  Buying a complete system just for it's port would be easy but crazy.

--Phil

• 11-23-2007 1:01 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Until I got a PC2/Beoport I had the same problem. How to connect a lead from my PC and my Turntable to my BS3000. What I did was get a CD/Tape adaptor. This was a small black box made by B&O. It has a Din connection which will go tou your BS9000. There is a DIN connection in for the Tape connection and RCA connections for the CD. To change sources you just press a button on the front of the box. It is that simple. Infact as I no longer use mine I would be willing to sell it.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-23-2007 1:25 PM In reply to

• PAJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 49
    • Founder

Thanks Craig, nice idea, but my BS9000 is 30 metres away at the other side of the house.

--Phil

• 11-23-2007 1:28 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

PAJ:
    Thanks Craig, nice idea, but my BS9000 is 30 metres away at the other side of the house.

So are you looking for a wireless solution then?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-23-2007 1:54 PM In reply to

• PAJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 49
    • Founder

No, I am looking for a direct connection into the ML, but without buying a "major device" to achieve it.  I have ML everywhere in the house with 4 beolink active's,  beoport,  bs9000 and an Avant.  For me wireless anything is a waste of time (all walls, internal an external are 500cm stone).  The TV room only houses the TV ( all other sources are delivered by ML) so I don't want to add another major piece of kit, which would be completely redundant except for its aux port. 

--Phil

• 11-23-2007 2:05 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Not a fan of wireless myself either, far too unreliable. So you want to add the audio from your Apple TV onto your Masterlink network. What Masterlink product will be in the room with the Apple TV?

CraigSmile

• 11-23-2007 2:10 PM In reply to

• PAJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 49
    • Founder

Nothing! When I remove the Avant then I need to find another "cute" solution ...... if it exists (and it looks as though it doesn't).

--Phil

• 11-23-2007 2:14 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

What about moving the BS9000 to replace where the Avant was. Then use the Masterlink connection that was for the Avant for the BS9000.

CraigSmile

• 11-23-2007 7:08 PM In reply to

Think you have to move your Beoport to the Appel, or run a cable from Apple to the AVANT to connect it like you have today.
  • 11-24-2007 3:35 AM In reply to

• PAJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 49
    • Founder

Hi, neither of these are viable options.  The distances are far too great.

Has anybody done any research into the old BeoLink PC Office. It used a BeoLink PC Cable Box which had an unused "sound in" connection.  This box then connected to a BeoLink Active.  I have 4 BeoLink actives and three of them have 2 PowerLink din connectors and the other has one PowerLink and one PC din connector.  Presumably this must mean that there is a route into the ML on the BeoLink active with the PC din connector.  Does anyone have one of these old devices and can confirm or deny that this route is a possibility. 

--Phil

• 11-24-2007 4:53 AM In reply to

PAJ:

I have 4 BeoLink actives and three of them have 2 PowerLink din connectors and the other has one PowerLink and one PC din connector.

Hello Phil,

This is what my B&O technician explained me during the installation of my beolink active 6 months ago:

The beolink active boxes with 2 powerlinks outputs are the very old models and the last models are those with the PC input din, which in fact has been now replaced by the new Beoport... Unsure
    I've never understood this ! Hmm why changing the useful second powerlink output for a PC input absolutely useless nowadays???

PAJ:

Presumably this must mean that there is a route into the ML on the BeoLink active with the PC din connector.

I've tried to use this PC din connection but with no success at all Confused I couldn't find the way to activate this plug using the only beo4, I suspect this PC input needs an external computer software to be activated (maybe the old PC Office windows software?)

so if someone knows exactly how this "PC plug" works, I'm really interested too.

Thanks. 

Regards. 

Santiago

• 11-25-2007 2:51 AM In reply to

• PAJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 49
    • Founder

Thanks Santiago.  I agree entirely.  If we can find a way to activate this unused input into ML then the possibilities are endless.  Perhaps Keith Saunders may be able to help?

--Phil

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)