in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-24-2007 5:08 PM by Lunds DK. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2007 7:17 AM

Improvement?

A quick question: 

My current living-room setup is BS3200 + Avant 32RF + BL1 + BL2 (+BL4000 as rears)

- quite a thundereus combo! I'm really very happy with it.

I've been offered a pair of BL9 at a very good price (45.000 DKR = 6.000EUR) - but should I keep my (beloved) BL2? And how do I make sure, that the BL2 only fires up, when watching cheesy action movies?

OR - will the BL9 be able to replace both BL1+BL2 and improve both sound quality and sound pressure level??

Many has been talking about the 9'es not beeing able to go as deep as the BL2 - but is this a relevant factor to be taken into considoration when the livingroom in question is about 16-18sqm. (Thinking standing waves here)

I would hate to trouble my beo-pusher for a home demo, because the speakers will not be bought from him in case of purchase.

Sorry for my poor english

Regards

Lasse

• 11-23-2007 10:49 AM In reply to

Re: Improvement?

Hi Lasse,

I auditioned the BL9's quite extensively with and without the BL2 and I would definately say that if you like your BL2 now, you should definately keep it as it does make a noticeable difference to the depth of the BL9's.

Describing your sound as 'thunderous' would definately suggest to me that the BL2 is making you happy!  So keep it would be my advice.

I personally wouldn't have the BL9's without the BL2, as I love the depth of BL2 with my 8000's.

I had an overnight loan of the BL9's and whilst they sounded great, I only liked them for movies with the BL2 on.

I don't know that it is possible to only have the BL2 activate for movies though.  It comes on automatically in any speaker mode other than SPEAKER-1.

Cheers,

Martin.

BV7-40MK4BR,7-32,6-22,6-23,6-26,BSnd5,9000,BLab9,3,4000,2,BCom2,6000,Btalk1200,LC2s,Lutron

• 11-24-2007 1:16 PM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

Doubt that you will be able to have the BL2 automatically deactivated when you 're not watching movies. However, wouldn't it be possible to deactivate it via the setup menu in the tv? Perhaps not to much work activating it again when you should watch a movie?

Regards,

Emil 

Inflagrante

• 11-24-2007 5:08 PM In reply to

Martin & Emil - Thanks for your replies - it seems that i'm not the only one with an obscure passion for the BL2 sound. Only setback is that the WAF for the BL9 seems to be lower than the WAF for BL1. WW! (wierd wifeBig Smile)

I'll let you all know what happens and about my experienses - if any.

regards

Lasse

• 11-24-2007 5:08 PM In reply to

Martin & Emil - Thanks for your replies - it seems that i'm not the only one with an obscure passion for the BL2 sound. Only setback is that the WAF for the BL9 seems to be lower than the WAF for BL1. WW! (wierd wifeBig Smile)

I'll let you all know what happens and about my experienses - if any.

regards

Lasse

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)