in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-11-2008 10:53 AM by CARRC. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-21-2007 8:24 AM

• malct
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-10-2007
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

connections for avant

I have now got the topfeild box working but still having problems with connections.

the only way i can get the Set Top Box is through the DVD connection and now i cant get my DVD connected.
    I am sure its to do with the decoder side of the connections.

I have only 2 connections Showing on the menu box

This is what is showing

AV         -----------      decoder

DVD       -----------      Decoder

It says in the manual that the menu should be showing 3 default settings with Video But guess because my Avant is a Video , then its not showing.
    Any help would be gratefull.

I do have a B&O engineer coming out next week to update my TV with the latest STB software , So might be better letting him sort it , Its just the hassle of not getting the DVD to work at the moment

Finally is there any way that i can use the DTV button on the remote , there is no way i can access anything to do with DVT

Malc

• 11-21-2007 10:34 AM In reply to

Re: connections for avant

Which model Avant do you have? There should be a type number on the back.  DTV is the usual way of accessing the STB on an Avant so soomething is not right here! I'll check mine tonight and see how it is set up. I take it that you do have the STB-C hardware fitted? You need this to work the STB using the Beo4 and also for the STB menu to be available.
  • 11-21-2007 12:57 PM In reply to

Let me start by saying that you can and normally would trigger your Topfield box using SAT or DTV depending which Beo4 model you own.

You apparently say your AVANT is a Video, but in the connections menu you can use the right and left hand arrows to change the source. Be aware that changing one effects the facilities available for the other scart.

As Peter says, knowing the type number of your AVANT would help answer the points in greater depth

Regards Keith....

• 11-21-2007 5:17 PM In reply to

• malct
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-10-2007
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for your replies
    My avant was one of the last models with Video with RF and Flat screen.

I think i have changed the effects and need to get them back again

Regards

Malc

• 11-26-2007 3:19 PM In reply to

• malct
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-10-2007
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Hello again
    I am in need of the set up to run a external DVD plus set top box for my avant.

called into my local B&O and the new STB chip will take another month , so decided not to bother the chip and just use the topfeild remote

Thank you in advance

malc
  • 04-11-2008 10:53 AM In reply to

• CARRC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-11-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for sharing your experience with your Avant 28''.

I have just had a big problem with my Avant 32' DVD. I have been told that the Chassis is defaulted.

When one condsiders the cost of this brand of TVs and the top quality the manufacturer is claiming on their brand of products, it appears that the products are not as valuable as they are claiming.

It is quite sad to realise that the products have so much problems and are not of qood quality for that long.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)