in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-28-2007 9:57 PM by Beolab. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-21-2007 8:03 AM

My BL 9 stop working!

Hi all,

I have just recently (less than 2 months ago) bought a pair of  BL 9 to go with my BeoVision 7.  I have been using those for TV/Movies and never turned on the volume too high.  Last Sunday I noticed that something was not right when I switched on the TV and found that the left hand speaker was not working!  Even the red standby light was not on!! 

The repair man came yesterday and said there was power going into the speaker but that was it.  It seems the the amplifier is gone and now I have to wait for parts!!!

The speaker is only 2 months old and I never subject them to abuse.  I paid a premium to get high quality products and now I can only wait.  I hope this is only one of incident.

Anyone can enlight me what's going on with my speakers??Sad

Victor

• 11-21-2007 12:39 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: My BL 9 stop working!

Every electronic product is prone to failure in one way or another. A manufacturing defect on even the smallest part, such as a capacitor (of which there are hundreds, even thousands inside your speakers) can cause the product to fail completely.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-23-2007 1:50 AM In reply to

Yes,  I know things do go wrong but I expect better quality control from B&O.  BTW the maintanence guy initially said I had to wait for parts but they managed to get the circuit boards by courier and fixed the speaker this morning.  I am a happy man again.  I even got some pictures of my Beolab 9 without the 'jacket'. 

• 11-23-2007 2:28 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Show us the naked penguins! WinkWink

BL8000 MkII Black

• 11-23-2007 4:45 AM In reply to

I remember having the same thoughts as you when my Beo4 stopped working. But the service was so good when I went to my dealer (they just gave me a brand new one even though it was 6 months old), that all the ills thoughts washed away very quickly.

As with all electronics companies, there are always a few items that will fail prematurely. But B&O's customer service is the best I have come across when dealing with these issues.

Nicholas 

• 11-23-2007 6:03 AM In reply to

Beolab 5 faults too, see the thread I just finished off, finally.  New parts eh, should have had new speakers.

I know why they named them Beolab 5, because I had to have 5 of them before I got 2 that worked.

I waited 4 years before buying my speakers so that B&O could iron out the glitches

Most good quality  electronic stuff, if it's going to go wrong, then it will be very early on, and then after that, never.

Fingers crossed.

Jack

BV10(40) BV8-32, BV3-32, MX7000, DVD1, HDR1, V8000

Beomedia-1, BS9000, BC7002, BC2300, BS5500, BM6500, BGCD6500, BM1900-2

BL5, BL8000, BL6000, BL Penta3, BL3500

Beovox MC120.2, 3000 Panels, CX50s, C75s, AND LOTS WIRES, BOOkS, MAGS n BITS (ebay sales: beo-store-uk)

• 11-26-2007 9:50 AM In reply to

The maintenance staff was great in explaining everything in details and showed sympathy with my problem.  I even took some pictues of my BL9 without the red Jacket but I don't know how to post those pictures.

However I now have another problem.  My icon picture shows my living room setup and I have a master link connecting the BV7 to my BV3 in the bedroom.  I just noticed that after linking up the TV's, I no longer able to use the picture in picture function for my BV3 and the timer function is also inhibited.  I aksed the maintenance guy while he was fixing the BL9 and he couldn't answer that, I now have to wait for a B&O TV repair guy.

• 11-26-2007 10:33 AM In reply to

Which timer function? You should be able to use the timer in the BV7 to switch on the BV3 - the BV3 timer will not work as the sets are linked.You simply set the BV7 timer but set the timer function to off and then set the timer function to on for the BV3. This will mean the timer in the BV7 will switch the system on but not the BV7 but this will activate the BV3 (I am sure I could have put that better! Laughing ) Don't know about the P-in-P function. I'll attempt to see if I can find anything out tonight.
  • 11-28-2007 7:10 AM In reply to

Hi Peter,

It works! Something that even the professionals from B&O don't know. There is only one problem.  I won't be able the set the time in the comfort of my bedroom.  I have to set everything up like which CD, TV or radio stations, which day and time and then go back to my bedroom in activate the timer.  Not so convenient but at least I get it working.  Keep digging on the PinP please as it uesd to work without the link system.

Thanks.

Vic

• 11-28-2007 9:57 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Bouncer:

The maintenance staff was great in explaining everything in details and showed sympathy with my problem.  I even took some pictues of my BL9 without the red Jacket but I don't know how to post those pictures.

You can easily put up one picture if go in under options when you are composing a reply.. (The picture can´t be bigger than 100kb)

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)