in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-22-2007 3:41 PM by The Stig - ver. 1.7. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-21-2007 6:17 AM

• GANGO
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • italy
    • Posts 48
    • Bronze Member

jeremy clarkson about danish design and B&O

• 11-21-2007 7:39 AM In reply to

Re: jeremy clarkson about danish design and B&O

Hmm. Clarkson has his unique view as usual. Made me realize how much of my belongings have a Danish origin.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-21-2007 7:41 AM In reply to

I forgot to mention: Not all Danes can make good looking cars. Jacob Jensen had a go once. Great designer, but he must have had a bad day this time. I believe it was a called the Jensen one. It was based on a Citroën XM. Let the picture speak for itself.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-21-2007 11:11 AM In reply to

• EOB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 188
    • Bronze Member

Hmm I once saw a jensen one in the wild , but I dont recall that front end? If my memory serves me right,....I think it had a curved backseat bench sort of lovers coach ?

• 11-21-2007 11:18 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

The Jensen Car recalls me the Citroën XM. Google it and you will realize it is almost the same car.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 11-21-2007 2:31 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

That Jensen car is awful. It's like someone got an XM, put a vacuum pack round it, and sucked the air out to make it pull everything in
  • 11-21-2007 2:35 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

So this wasn't his then??Wink

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-21-2007 3:02 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

GANGO:

I think Clarkson is really demeaning himself as a journalist these days just to get the press. That article about B&O clearly shows he knows sod all about hifi and with the Top Gear show turning into fantasy for the masses - shows he knows little about cars as well

On an aside- where do they get the dim wit audience from when filming that show??

• 11-21-2007 3:09 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

No, that was his article in the sunday Times, not his TV show.  He is a B&O buyer though, we even saw him using a Serene in the last season of Top Gear, plus he does also have a hifi setup i think.  I suppose it's similar to the way how he occasionally slags off BMW or Volvo, but owns cars from both companies.  I remember he also took the mickey out of expensive watches a while back and then when I did some research, the one he has costs about £10k or so.  Admitedly, he was probably attacking popular expensive watch brands like Rolex or Omega; his was a fairly smal/obscure brand I think
  • 11-21-2007 4:30 PM In reply to

• EOB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 188
    • Bronze Member

jandyt:
    So this wasn't his then??Wink

Thats the one I was refering too Jandyt ,.....wasnt it called interceptor?

• 11-21-2007 5:58 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Yes, Jensen Interceptor. I was only joking, I don't think it's anything to do with 'our' Jensen.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-22-2007 2:32 AM In reply to

Wasn’t Jeremy once spotted in Top Gear with a Serene? The Serene badged Bang & Olufsen and Samsung on it.

Always nice how Jeremy gets us out of our seat to start a discussion……

We Beoworlders have to be glad Jeremy didn’t publicly hammer and smash a BeoGadget…

David Lewis was not mentioned in Jeremy’s article writing about Scandinavian redesign…

Challenge: How do we Beoworlders provoke Jeremy to really study Danish design and let him give a real  review about Bang & Olufsen inclusive the user interface comparison to competitors.

Regards, Robert

• 11-22-2007 2:49 AM In reply to

-multimedia Robert-:

Challenge: How do we Beoworlders provoke Jeremy to really study Danish design and let him give a real  review about Bang & Olufsen inclusive the user interface comparison to competitors.

Regards, Robert

Get him to try out the Advanced Sound System in the top-end Audis. (And he'll have fun with the abbreviation ...) 

• 11-22-2007 2:49 AM In reply to

double post

• 11-22-2007 5:19 AM In reply to

jandyt:
    Yes, Jensen Interceptor. I was only joking, I don't think it's anything to do with 'our' Jensen.

The Jensen Interceptor has indeed nothing to do with the Jensen we're talking about here. This is of topic but I can't help my self, so here's a bit of automotive history: The coachbuilding firm Jensen was located in West Bromwich and run by two brothers Jensen (immigrants from Denmark). They built customised bodies for standard cars such as Morris, Singer and Wolseley. In the late 1930’s they produced commercial vehicles and after WW2 sportscars as well.

The Interceptor was launched in 1966. It was designed by the Italian coachbuilder Touring. The bodyshells were built by Vignale and later by Jensen themselves. It was powered by a 383 cu (about 6,3 liter) V8 Chrysler wedge-head powerplant. After a few years this engine was replaced by a 440 cu (about 7,2 liter) engine, again a V8 sourced from Chrysler.

There is another car that looks very similar to the Interceptor, the Jensen FF. The only differences in appearance from the Interceptor were four extra inches of length (all ahead of the windscreen) and a second row of air vents behind the front wheels. FF stands for Ferguson Formula. The FF had a full-time all wheel drive system, invented by Ferguson Research. Years ahead of Audi. (actually the first all wheel drive car was a Spyker of 1903, but I’m getting of topic here). Also featured was the Dunlop Maxaret anti-lock braking system. Only 320 FFs were constructed and production ceased in 1971.

Jensen Motors stopped production in May 1976.

• 11-22-2007 7:14 AM In reply to

it's only his brand of wind up humor , he's amazing imo , i'd make him prime minister

except he's far too smart and witty to be a politician

popgear is grate™

• 11-22-2007 7:19 AM In reply to

• jonnyb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-06-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

Flappo The Grate:

except he's far too smart and witty to be a politician

...and homophobic. He's certainly tedious and dreary enough to be a politician though, I'll give him that.

• 11-22-2007 7:30 AM In reply to

i'm sure that's just part of his act , it must be

although he is very rude to james may for some odd reason

popgear is grate™

• 11-22-2007 7:48 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

James May is on the show precisely to be rude to - Cpt. Slow, pipe and slippers etc.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 11-22-2007 3:41 PM In reply to

Nice to see Henrik Fisker has leaved a comment to article Smile
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)