in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-23-2007 4:41 AM by Nicholas. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-20-2007 10:23 AM

Serenata & Louis Vuitton: here we go again!

I was just browsing on the B&O Mediacenter and came across this picture:

I don't know what you think of the concept &/or the colour..

To me the only good thing about it is that it hides the Samsung logoStick out tongue!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 11-20-2007 5:03 PM In reply to

Re: Serenata & Louis Vuitton: here we go again!

Hi Chris,

This is not my cup of tea I'm afraid, but I'm with you on the hiding of that Samsung Logo!!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-20-2007 8:51 PM In reply to

I think it is better than the attempt they made with the Serene case. As a big Louis fan I am already on the list for their iPhone case it's just unfortunate how restrictive they are regarding the patterns it is available in.

Nicholas 

• 11-22-2007 6:33 PM In reply to

I thought I would just mention that the Senenata case by Louis Vuitton is now available for £295.

Nicholas 

• 11-22-2007 6:58 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Black, Glass, exotic woods, Aluminium (polished, brushed) - speaks B&O. Never in a month of Sundays (a good old North of England expession I believe) - does leather match/suit/accompany/show off B&O in any form or fashion (unless as a pouch for A8's).

BS2, BS6 in leather - NO - it's just wrong (I don't care how expensive or who "designed" it - just NO)!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 11-23-2007 12:44 AM In reply to

Serenata & Louis Vuitton

I agree that this is better than the Serene case, which I have, and that case has been just OK.  I do think that the Nomade leather looks good initially, but after use every little mark and discoloration shows noticeably.  I would think that the LV Taiga texture in a darker color, perhaps a rich burgundy color, would probably be better.  I know that sometimes LV is a little showy, but I think the designs they have done for B&O have been pretty tasteful so far.  After all, LV is fairly selective for whom they do custom designs, and the track record they have in collaboration for the BeoSound 2 and Serene have been, overall, good.  I plan on getting this case when the Serenata becomes available.
  • 11-23-2007 4:09 AM In reply to

• Hooper
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Cato Neimoidia
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Yes here we go again indeed.

According to LV's catalogues, nomade leather (which the Serenata, Beosound 2 and Serene cases are made of) are kept for exceptional items. However it also is LV's most impractical leather with any moisture (from hands or otherwise) resulting in large, dark stains on its fleshy surface. LV has some truly remarkable canvases and leathers in their arsenal to choose from. Why B&O and LV keep coming back to nomade leather puzzles me. I bought a Serene one month ago and was told that the only case available was from LV. I'm yet still waiting for another option (and probably will wait for sometime).
  • 11-23-2007 4:41 AM In reply to

I agree with you both. I have had a number of items in nomade from LV before and, although beautiful, durability was not their strong point. I now use damier items day to day for their durability and the fact that they still look very good after 6 months.

Nicholas 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)