in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-16-2007 11:58 AM by beocool. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-15-2007 2:01 PM

Is it just happening to me???

Hello Beoworlders,

i have a Beocenter 2 and the Beovision 6, with Beolab 3 and Beolab 2 and a surround module. Now this Setup is ~3 years old. In this time i had much trouble with it. After one year the BC2 stopped working, a problem with the power supply unit. OK, it was fixed within one or two weeks, normal warranty. One year later a problem with the Beovision 6 occured, noises from the speaker. After several months and many discussions with the dealer most of the electronics inside were changed. Also warranty. Many other people have had this problem, there were also discussions here in the forum. Finally, yesterday the Beocenter 2 has broken down, it can't load discs, it's not opening when pushing "load". The dealer said, maybe it's in warranty, next week i will get more information what exactly is the fault.

Now my Question: is this only happening to me? I'm a "normal" B&O user, maybe 1-2h TV and 3h radio or CD every day. Constant temperature, clean room and so on, so no special abuse of the machines. Is it normal for B&O equipment that every year you have to bring in some parts of the (relatively new) system for repairing or is it just me to have this misfortune?

Does some of you have similar experiences? 

• 11-15-2007 2:09 PM In reply to

Re: Is it just happening to me???

The only product that has given me any problems when new recently has been a Serene which is made by Samsung. Much of my equipment is older and never gives problems except when they eventually need a service - and most of those are due to simple wear after many years of service.

However all companies do have problem products and I would hope that B&O are one of the best at dealing with this. Clearly this is not always the case and if it is not, you have a right to kick up a fuss as the products you mention are expensive and you are paying a high price for good performance both by product and dealer.

• 11-15-2007 2:17 PM In reply to

I have a Beocenter 2 and have not had a problem.  However this past year, my Beolab 2 stopped working.  The ICEpower amplifier was replaced without charge.

I don't think it is normal to have something repaired every year especially for a new system. 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 11-15-2007 2:23 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

To be honest I think you have just been unlucky. My BV3-32 is 3 Years old and has never let me down. Had a problem with the Beo4 remote but this was down to someone spilling Coffee on it. My dealer was fantastic and let me have one of their demo ones for half price. Which I was more than happy with as I got to have the latest version. As my original was the A.Tape, V.Tape one.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-15-2007 2:31 PM In reply to

Craig:

To be honest I think you have just been unlucky.

CraigSmile

I hope so, too...  

• 11-15-2007 2:53 PM In reply to

I've owned lots B&O since 1986. Perhaps I'm very fortunate, but never needed service on anything. Only exception is a Beolink Active that I purchased on Ebay for $10.

Frankly though, I think it's more the quality than luck. I wish you the best, as you should expect better at these prices.

• 11-16-2007 4:02 AM In reply to

beo-ap:

I've owned lots B&O since 1986. Perhaps I'm very fortunate, but never needed service on anything. .

Well, thas was also my experience with the B&O's of my grandma and my parents, so I decided to buy B&O also for my home because of the (historical?) build quality and the nice design...

Thanks for your answers!

• 11-16-2007 5:25 AM In reply to

My first B&O product was a Beocenter 9300 I bought in 1996. It needed a new CD-mechanism after 9 months. Of course this was replaced under warranty. My dealer had stopped his activities so my 9300 was sent to the distributor for B&O in my country (the Netherlands) for repair. They did a good job but were slow... It stayed there for 10 weeks! I have bought more equipment and the only trouble I had since then were a black screen on a Beovision MX7000 and a software bug in a beocom 4. Both machines were sent to my new dealer and I had them back a few days later. I am stil happy...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-16-2007 6:38 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I've read in horror about this on the B&O site's forum. Quality is apparently an issue with quite a few people that have later B&O gear. Mainly electronics. I've experienced no foibles with most of our B&O gear, but the BSnd4 was another story. A few issues there but luckily my dealer did all he could until we had a unit with zero flaws/issues. The quality of the serene could be a little better, but it functions fine which is the main thing. I must ask, did B&O only design the phone or did they take part in manufacturing the phone - does anyone know?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-16-2007 10:35 AM In reply to

I can't tell for newer products but only the at least 15 years old.

Its a hit and miss when Beo products reach that time but again you can be lucky and we know the general B&O last for a very long time. At least 25 years I would say and that's when the service is needed.

My former Beomaster 2000/Beocord 2000  is a good example. Got it cheap. Got it repaired. Worked for 3 years with nothing but enjoyment. Sold the whole 2000 system for about the same it had cost me.

I think its just bad luck. It can happen to all people and brands.

• 11-16-2007 11:38 AM In reply to

• obe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 29
    • Bronze Member

the cd-drive in my bs1 had a failure after one year of rather little use. my dealer replaced the cd-drive (not the bs1) for free without any hesitation. now it it running fine again.

my bs3200 is now 3.5 years old and has only problem when recording certain cds to its harddisk. after pulling the mains everything is fine again (and i can record the cd).

no troubles worth to mention with the bc1 and the bs2 (except for an exhausted battery). 

• 11-16-2007 11:58 AM In reply to

On my previous post I forgot to mention the good result that my parents have with their BV LX 2500. It has been in use since 21 years and only two minor problems (Can't remember exactly what was wrong with it, but it was a cheap fix in both cases). The remote was replaced about 5 years ago, however.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)