in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-18-2007 3:34 AM by M4SPM. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2007 3:24 PM

BeoLink issues using passive kit.

Hi,

I am hoping someone with some practical experience may be able to help with a little issue I have with my BeoLink system.

I am using a BeoVision 9 as the video master, I also have all of the video inputs (yes all 6) being used. I have the BV9 master linked throughout my home so that I can recieve all of the main room sources in my link rooms ( kitchen, bedroom, conservatory and garden). I can get everything in every room insde, but in the garden I cannot get my Apple TV through the passive kit (Apple Tv connected via component so that it will pass around BeoLink). All the other sources can be listened to no problem! I have the Apple TV programmed as V AUX 2, and as I have mentioned I can get all of the other sources just fine. Should this be any different to any of my other sources?

Does anyone think I am doing anything wrong! I have also tried turning the passive kit on and off for a couple of minutes to see if there was a glitch or bug or something.

I really would love any ideas or experiences that people may have.

Thanks in advance.

Vinnie

Filed under: ,
  • 11-14-2007 6:34 PM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoLink issues using passive kit.

Hi

It could be a software issue in the passive.  I have a BL2000 that can't get A.Aux and all it needs to fit it is a software upgrade.

Check with your dealer.

Greg

• 11-15-2007 1:44 AM In reply to

Try giving the apple tv input a different name temporarily, something that is not unusual like DVD, and try that. If it works then yes you may have an issue with the passive, I would try all the possible different names available to see if one would work. If not then look at software upgrade for passive.

Just out of interest do you get the picture from the apple tv in other rooms, if so what resolution is the apple tv set to?

regards

Mark

• 11-15-2007 5:32 PM In reply to

Hi, thankyou both for your comments, I really appreciate the help.

The Apple TV is set at 1280 by 720 resolution and seems to look good on all my other televisions not sure if it has anything to do with the format adjustment by the link room televisions. I am just chuffed that I can get it in every room in my home.

I have been researching the BeoVision 9 user guide and reference book since I posted this and may have come up with a solution to my problem, yet to test it though. In the reference book it says that if you are trying to supply audio to a non B&O piece of equipment or passive/active kit then on the television you should have the inbuilt modulator switched ON (OFF is the factory setting) . I will check this setting when I get home and test to see if it allows me to get my Apple Tv on my passive kit in the garden.

I will post back my results as it may help others with similar problems.

Thanks again, Vinnie.

• 11-17-2007 2:16 AM In reply to

OOh! This is really interesting, B&o's technical people have told me that you cannot distribute apple tv without converting it down to a composite video signal. Can you give me more details, such as what input you are using on bsys 3 chassis, what the input is named, and what link tv's you have, I assume your distributuion is standard ie through rf co-ax aerial system.

Regards Mark

• 11-17-2007 2:57 PM In reply to

Yes I have converted it down to composite from component. You will, unless you already have component IN on which ever B&O tv you own have to buy a converter, which in my set up have it connected via S-video to AV 6 on the BeoSystem 3. You will also need a RF link amp to send it to your other televisions. The picture quality on the BV 9 is not HD, but in my case I really dont need HD from my Apple tv, it looks very good though.

I also have control in other rooms because I have the BeoSystem 3 PUC updated with the Apple Remote IR commands.

You should not need to buy the converter if you already have component IN on your television as it is already analogue, it is only digital you cannot pass around your link rooms.

What television do you have?

• 11-18-2007 1:54 AM In reply to

I am connecting to beosystem 3, which of course does have component inputs, but when I tried it it would not distribute, which prompted me to contact B&o. They told me it would not distribute unless converted to composite, which you appear to have done, I assume you have connected 2x rca analogue for sound distribution as well?

I dont have rf link amp, but my distribution works fine (bsys3 rf out combined with rf2 of Sky) so that I get SAT and DVD on other B&o sets + sky dinky link control on a couple of non B&o sets.   

• 11-18-2007 3:34 AM In reply to

• M4SPM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom
    • Posts 38
    • Founder

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)