in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-19-2007 12:56 AM by Jes F Søndergaard. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2007 2:15 AM

Connect harddisc to BV 7-40 mk III

Hi all!

I have bought (but not got it yet) a BV 7-40 mk III and wonder how I'm going to connect my Sony harddiscrecorder to it. I expected to use hdmi for the best result but read in the maual for 7-40 that it can't send this signal to my BC 6-26 link-tv. Will it then be scart from my harddiscrecorder to 7-40 and just masterlink from 7-40 to the link 6-26. I only use the dvd in harddiscrecorder to burn. I expect to use the 7-40 to play dvd's and might buy the new Playstation 3 for bluray. Can't wait to see the picture on the 7-40!!!

;-) Jes

• 11-15-2007 2:03 AM In reply to

Re: Connect harddisc to BV 7-40 mk III

hi there,

You are correct, you will need to connect the hard disc recorder via scart in order to distribute the picture to another B&o tv, as the  RF modulator needs a composite video signal to work. In addition to masterlink you will also need to combine the rf aerial output of the beovision 7 40 with your aerial system, as the picture is distributed via aerial. B&o make a specific product called the RF LINK amplifier, or you can use stock combiners if you are au-fait with aerial systems. The key thing to bare in mind is that unlike older products the rf does not loop through the tv, the output from the bv 7 40 is only the distribution frequency, and not the normal tv channels as well.

Also if you have sky and are using the RF2 output of that to power link ir recievers in other rooms you will have to be careful not to ground the power sent out of the sky box.

Is your dealer fitting the set? If they know your system, then they should be prepared for this upon installation, but it might be worth talking it through with their installer.  

Hope this is useful

Mark 

• 11-19-2007 12:56 AM In reply to

Re: Connect harddisc to BV 7-40 mk III

Hi Mark.

Thanks a lot for the answer. I'm going to fit it myslef... I guess! Got a very good deal at the store without fitting it and have done some of this in my younger years and going to try it again. Hope it will succed as it would be a great feeling to make it myself and if not,  I have to go back to the store.

;-) Jes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)