in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-16-2007 5:10 AM by steph. 34 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-15-2007 3:05 AM In reply to

Re: white BV 8-32

Danny:

Would I love a 40" with the possibility of a sorround module...

Same here... Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-15-2007 3:15 AM In reply to

very stylish; I like it [ a lot] to complete it with a shiny chroom foot or plain brushed alu one ; at least this flat screen will look less like a "big black hole on the wall".............Whistle
    Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 11-15-2007 5:20 AM In reply to

steph:

Hey, Karel,

You still got your BV3 ?

Isn't it time to change for a BV8 ?   Laughing 

IF it would have had a better picture than my BV3 and a surround module then I would have made the jump... But in this case: nope...

But I love the design of the BV8! (in black :-) )

Karel

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 11-15-2007 7:59 AM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

Danny:

Would I love a 40" with the possibility of a sorround module...

+1. What he said!
  • 11-15-2007 9:11 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Is it the pearly white like the old TV or is it a classic white painting like the white BeoSound 1 ?

The old pearly white looks very classy, the other a bit "cheap" isn't it ? 

• 11-15-2007 9:49 AM In reply to

steph:

Is it the pearly white like the old TV or is it a classic white painting like the white BeoSound 1 ?

The old pearly white looks very classy, the other a bit "cheap" isn't it ? 

White like my former beosystem 6500/7000 would do quite nicely...Wink

Shall I [re]paint my BS4 to white also ?

But seriously : I suppose the white can and will look great on this TV, but I have to agree with Karel : no BV8 for me because I still prefer my "old" BV3................Yes -  thumbs up

• 11-15-2007 11:43 AM In reply to

Talking about whiteline, did you notice that the latest catalogue showed a white BeoCom 2?

I find the white BV8 quite nice, but it's a shame that now I only focus on the black sensor on the top right corner...at least in black you didn't see it!

However it makes me sad too to see B&O becoming something like the "Apple/Mac follower", almost 20 years after stopping whiteline products, 2-way communication and wheels on remote controls, most people think B&O is copying Apple and most journalists too...just like most teenagers think Madonna's "Hung up" is a pure modern creation until you tell them you danced on that Abba music long before them....!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 11-15-2007 11:48 AM In reply to

White BV8 now on official site

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 11-16-2007 3:03 AM In reply to

Chrisreunion:

Talking about whiteline, did you notice that the latest catalogue showed a white BeoCom 2?

I find the white BV8 quite nice, but it's a shame that now I only focus on the black sensor on the top right corner...at least in black you didn't see it!

However it makes me sad too to see B&O becoming something like the "Apple/Mac follower", almost 20 years after stopping whiteline products, 2-way communication and wheels on remote controls, most people think B&O is copying Apple and most journalists too...just like most teenagers think Madonna's "Hung up" is a pure modern creation until you tell them you danced on that Abba music long before them....!

We all know better then most people and journalists : Apple is copying B&O and not the other way around, that's enough for me !

every 20 years a certain colour return into fashion again; like car-colours [about 20 years ago everybode drove a white car ,somewhat later red was the hype and so on......] the main colours black/white/blue/red will always be stylish and of and on " In "

I like the white version esp. because it's different and minimalistic by design, but still prefer the black/alu version personally; in the end I will still keep my BV3 and enjoy watching it, both on and off because I suspect I'm one the few people who actually like the design of the TV as well.

• 11-16-2007 5:10 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Yeah,

I like my BV3 too !

But i would like a full digital platform ( with mediacenter...) and i think the BV8 is a good substitute.

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2