in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-11-2007 2:29 AM by beocentre. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2007 7:30 AM

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Hypothetical Question for Masters of Masterlink...

Can one successfully have a Beosound 9000 and a Beocenter2 in the same room, and operate the BS9000 for CD playing only, and operate the Beocenter 2 for everything else?

Just curious about the flexibility of B & O products.

-Sal

P.S. Continuing to read the forum I noticed the "two head units masterlinked thread" which also may shed light on my slightly different question.

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 11-08-2007 8:41 AM In reply to

Re: Hypothetical Question for Masters of Masterlink...

The other thread assumes the 2 audio masters are in different rooms and each have speakers. Which will not be your case.

If I were you I'd try and use the BC2 as a DVD player only. Not connecting the MasterLink and setting it to Option 0.

What TV have you got?

p.

• 11-08-2007 8:43 AM In reply to

You can certainly set the later BS9000 to slave mode where only the CD changer is active. Not too sure how one would work this in a room when both the BC2 and the BS9000 were, but I dare say it is possible!
  • 11-08-2007 8:56 AM In reply to

I do not have any of these, but I read on the forum that no-one have really been able to use this slave mode.

p.

• 11-08-2007 6:51 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Again, this was just a hypothetical... I don't yet have a B & O television, but I plan on getting one next year. If it is a BV7, I won't have to worry about the DVD player, BUT... one never knows what one can walk away with when one is at a B & O store buying a television, and if I go with a BV8 next year, well, since it doesn't have a DVD player, etc... and I don't want to get rid of the BS9000 on the wall. he he he

In any case, the spirit of my question was only to get the mental B & O juices flowing.

-Sal

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 11-09-2007 5:05 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Doesn't the BeoCentre 2 have V.Opt programming as well as A.Opt programming? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was different to other players in that it has both...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-09-2007 6:11 PM In reply to

The Video part of BC2 is normally controlled by Data link i the scart connection.  

• 11-11-2007 2:01 AM In reply to

Slave mode which is audio option 6 (or is it 5? i get so confused!) is intended for use where you want a second hifi in a link system which will only operate in that one room, it will not get over the fact that both systems will respond to the same CD, RADIO commands if in the same room.

Here's a theory. If you have a B&o TV with masterlink you could connect the beosound 9000 to the tv using masterlink, the beocentre 2 to the tv via scart, and make a connection from the twin phono out of the beocentre 2 to the 7 pin din aux connectin of the 9000. Put the TV in v opt 2, the 9000 in a opt 0 and the beocentre 2 in a.opt 0. The beocentre 2 will only respond to DVD command via scart, the 9000 will respond as normal, If you want digital radio you will have to switch on the beocentre2 using its master unit, select a staion, and then select A.Tape on Beo 4 to open the aux in of the 9000

Hope this is useful

Beocentre 

• 11-11-2007 2:29 AM In reply to

durr just read you don't have B&o tv!

Ok , if you were prepared to purchase a beolink Active you could do this, connect the active via masterlink to the hifi which does not have the loudspeakers connected to it, make a lead which takes 8 pin powerlink to aux input of the hifi with the loudspeaskers on. Put the active into L opt 4 and the hifi that the active is masterlinked to into A opt 0. operate the hifi with the loudspeakers on as normal, then when you want the other hifi open the aux socket and use LINK prefix to control the other hifi. 

This will of course only work in that room, you cannot connect both hifis to a link system, so you would have to decide which you wanted to be able to distribute.  

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)