in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-13-2007 9:50 PM by Beo. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-07-2007 9:46 PM

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

BeoSound 6

Anyone had any face time with one of these yet?  I took one home tonight and I must say ... the sound quality is really something else!  So far it lives up to the hype!

Anyone else have a chance to take a test drive yet? 

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
    Filed under:
  • 11-08-2007 3:38 PM In reply to

• Joe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2007
    • SoCal
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoSound 6

I just got one this morning. Its really awsome, the pictures dont do it justice. Its easy to use and the sound quality is great. It seems more like an enthusiast thing though because the differences are not that drastic from any other MP3 player(IPOD) The build quality speaks for itself though. Also, the leather case is more like pleather.

Joe 

Its not just a product, its a way of life...
  • 11-08-2007 5:39 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

I am definetly not digging the case. Why not in BLACK?!?! 

BeoPlayer is not playing nice with the album covers either. 

Mac plug in soon please! 

As far as the player goes, Its preetty cool and the build quailty is pretty amazing. Other than the samsung logo in the back. I like it. 
    -Alex
  • 11-08-2007 7:41 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

If I didnt have my iPhone id consider it. 
    -Alex
  • 11-08-2007 9:06 PM In reply to

My main question would be: is the sound better than BeoSound 2?

I have a BS2 and would buy a BS6 only if the sound performance was better or at least as good.

Moreover, what about downloading speed? The Samsung player had a reputation of being very slow, USB 1.1 and not 2.0, is it taking 30 seconds or 2 minutes to store a full album on it?

Looking at the price, it seems to be almost a bargain in B&O world, it is marginally more expensive than BS2 with twice more memory, 40 hours playback time, a display, a direct USB connection for power & download, a leather case (OK, I still find this one horrible!), and it should be able to play higher bitrate files.

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 11-09-2007 6:56 PM In reply to

Ok, i've now used the BeoSound 6.

Build quality isn't as good as BeoSound 2, and it has samsung printed on the back. It seems that B&O are really embracing this partnership with Samsung. I don't have a problem with this as i think it will help to keep the prices of these sort of products down a bit (not a lot, but a bit).

The screen isn't as good as the screen on an ipod but is good enough for what is used for as there is no support fo photo's (but there is for album art).

The leather case is interesting. It's actually pretty good, and the clip on the back for the A8's is pretty good, but there is nowhere for the cord but it does keep the cord from getting tangled in the earphones. It is a little difficult to plug the earphones in with the case on and you have to take the case off to access the USB input. I'm sure some of you will simply cut a hole in the bottom of the case to allow easier access.

The user interface is nice, but takes some getting used to after using Ipods and BeoSound 2 for so long. BeoPlayer is good, but as usual very resource intesive so those with slow computers will find it challenging.

Now this brings me to the sound. OH MY GOD!!!!! As soon as i put it on i could immediately tell this was no ordinary MP3 player. The sound was so solid in the bass with out being oppressive and closing the sound stage. Infact the sound stage was so open it seemed like i was listening to speakers place either side of my head rather than earphones put in my ears.

I had my GF with me when i tested it and she thought the same. She doesn't tend to get excited by gadgets but she likes this product. She also liked the user interface and understood how to use it straight away and she has 2 ipods.

I own so many MP3 players it is crazy, but i think i'm going to add another to my collection.

I'm sure there will be many opinions on this product but i give it a big yes. I love it.

jazz

ps. To answer the question of file transfer speed. Much quicker than BS2 but probably not as quick as ipod.

• 11-13-2007 9:50 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

may i ask your comments of beosound 2 vs. beosound 6? Actually I am sure B&O mp3 players are the best of the world already. But if B&O vs. B&O, did they make any improvement? and more important is... in terms of sound quality... what's the pros and cons of beosound 6?
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)