in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-02-2007 9:56 AM by MartinW. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2007 9:28 AM

BEO5 with Sky + / Sky HD (UK)

Hi,

First of all I think the idea for a Beo5 forum is great - clearly this product is going to have a whole 'club' of its own!!!

Mine arrived yesterday at last, and I had fun overnight customising it using the Config tool.  Some of which was straightforward enough, but some things I just can't find any information on - i've tried the net, the dealer and this forum but couldn't find the answers - so I was hoping the community might be able to help?!

I have Sky HD - when fast forwarding or rewinding, I can't 'Play' i.e. stop it from ff/rw.  On Beo4, you would just hold down or double click GO, but I have tried this on Beo5, tried pressing PLAY button, tried stop etc etc - the only way I can stop ff or rw is to 'cancel it out' by pressing e.g. rw if I am ff or vice versa.  Is this everyone else's experience?

Also, I set up a page with channel logos - however I don't seem to be able to see how you get the button to actually choose that channel.  E.g. when I press the logo for BBC1 - I want the remote to select Sky channel 101, but I can't see where to put the channel number.  I tried inventing code (CIFFER_101) but that doesn't work.  I wish I could find a proper list of B&O codes in the correct format for the config tool.

Finally, Macros - how do you do them?  I'd love to press a button and have my LC2's select a movie scene, DVD starts to play etc.  Do you just layer the code behind the button?  Got some of that working but I can't find light codes beyond 0:000:LIGHT: to use!

I think this will be a fantastic product, but I personally think that dealers will be in for a major shock that could cripple their daily activities as people learn more about what you can do and wantto come in for more customisation.  Either that or they will charge by the hour for the service, which could turn a £400 remote into a £1000 project!!

Unfortunately my dealer hasn't been able to get the software to work at all, and I'm the sort of person who could quite happily turn Beo5 customisation into a hobby, so I don't want to have to hassle them everytime I want to spend a few hours tweaking!

I know i'm not the only one with the Config tool - has anyone any knowledge of setting up these features?

It's my first post, but i'm looking forward to sharing 'the knowledge' with the community - the forums look great!

Thanks,

Martin

BV7-40MK4BR,7-32,6-22,6-23,6-26,BSnd5,9000,BLab9,3,4000,2,BCom2,6000,Btalk1200,LC2s,Lutron

• 11-01-2007 12:05 PM In reply to

Re: BEO5 with Sky + / Sky HD (UK)

Martin,

I am assuming that when you picked up your Beo5 your dealer also provided the Beo5 Configuration Tool software ? Please confirm..

I will take the easy questions first. With regards to your invented CIFFER_101 I am sorry you cannot do that, you need to do a macro of three commands, so for channel 101 you need TV:CIFFER_1 then TV:CIFFER_0 then TV:CIFFER_! and you are done, see below

Sky Channel 101 setup

With regards to the LC2 setup I can send you a configuration file with them already setup if you wish.

I do not have a Sky box but the forward reverse issue has an interesting setup requirement and I have been through this with another member who had the same type of problems with the DVD

Regards Keith....

• 11-01-2007 12:52 PM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

I do not have a Sky box but the forward reverse issue has an interesting setup requirement and I have been through this with another member who had the same type of problems with the DVD

Hello Keith,

Me too, I have some troubles with the FF and RW Beo5 buttons re-configuration, but in this case to use my HDR2.
    Everything is already explained here in detail,

Could you help me in this case?

Thank you very much.

Santiago

• 11-01-2007 12:57 PM In reply to

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for the reply.  I didn't get the software from the dealer who supplied the remote, as they are not authorised to do this etc etc.  But I did get it through some contacts I have.

Thanks for the CIFFER advice - that is working now.  I tried the individual digit lines before and they didn't work, don't know why but there are all good to go now!!

Managed to work out the LC2 into macro side of things also - you add a CIFFER code to the end of the light command, e.g. 0:000:LIGHT:CIFFER_1 brings up scene one - great!

And you do create macros just by doing line after line of code in order.  I have found that to get my TV to turn on with DTV, select the Sky TV Guide and set the lights to Scene 5 - I had to add a delay to the line of code which sets the Sky box to TV guide (0:000:TV:CTRL_1), without the delay I don't think the box had time to switch on before receiving the TV Guide signal.

Just the issue of the PLAY button now - my dealer says it works in the store, but not on mine.  hmm?  Would be interested to hear from anyone else who uses Sky with BEO5?

Thanks again Keith.

Martin

BV7-40MK4BR,7-32,6-22,6-23,6-26,BSnd5,9000,BLab9,3,4000,2,BCom2,6000,Btalk1200,LC2s,Lutron

• 11-01-2007 1:02 PM In reply to

• etf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Hallo,

very interesting to follow the programming of the beo5. But, please tell me, how get you all the software ? My dealer is telling me that it is not possible to give the software to me as a customer. I contacted sevral other dealers in my country, withoutany sccess.

Hm...so how can I receive the software as very interested customer ?

Thanks in advance !

regards

Torben

• 11-01-2007 1:13 PM In reply to

Hi Keith & Blackbeard!

I have added a 'PLAY' button on screen in my DTV menu on the BEO5 - this now works.  Not sure why the actual play button doesn't, but the virtual one does.

If anyone else has this problem, the code behind the virtual button is 0:000:TV:PLAY (simple eh!)

I also added a planner button, which is really useful rather than having to select TV Guide then press Green - macro code is:

0:000:TV:V_SAT  (makes sure you're on DTV)

0:000:TV:CNTL_1 (selects TV guide)

0:000:TV:REWIND (selects Green)

Hope this helps someone else out!  Sorry Blackbeard, I don't have a HDR so i'm not sure if this is of any use to you?

Thanks,

Martin

• 11-01-2007 1:22 PM In reply to

Torben?  Not Torben Ballegaard Sørensen is it?

I had the software installed on my laptop some time ago by a contact who, to be fair, I could never reveal the identity of!

I only have it installed here on one machine, and I don't have the installation file - so as much as I would love to see keen users be able to make good use of the software, i'm afraid I can't share the love!  It's an installed program, not just a .exe file that can be copied and shared.

I'm not the only one who has it so i'm not sure if anyone else would have the installation file?

Apologies,

Martin

• 11-01-2007 1:37 PM In reply to

It is all very awkward! Beoworld are duty bound not to distribute this software and B&O in the UK at least have instructed dealers not to do so either. Despite this, many customers have been given the software by dealers who have been unable to configure the software to the customer's satisfaction.

B&O are , we believe, planning to release a customer version of this software but this will be not for some while and will not be the same as is available at present. 

We apologise for seeming to be unhelpful but clearly we must respect the wishes of B&O. Your dealer is the best place to get the Beo5 set up and have various templates to assist in this.  

• 11-01-2007 3:41 PM In reply to

I have added a 'PLAY' button on screen in my DTV menu on the BEO5 - this now works.  Not sure why the actual play button doesn't, but the virtual one does.
    Hope this helps someone else out!  Sorry Blackbeard, I don't have a HDR so i'm not sure if this is of any use to you?

Hi Martin,

thanks for your interest,
    I already knew that making new on screen buttons we can do everything, but in fact in this case I'm only interested in changing the programation for those two beo5 "hard keys" (<< & >>) exclusively for a "blind" use, you know.

Best regards. 

Santiago

• 11-02-2007 9:56 AM In reply to

Just a final update for anyone who finds themselves in this position and reads this post - I reprogrammed the hard keys for STOP and PLAY when in the DTV menu, the STOP button had a Play and a Stop command attached which seemed confusing.  Now it just has 0:000:TV:STOP.   The PLAY button had the Stop command on it, so now it has 0:000:TV:PLAY.

So thats all my issues resolved now, I can get on with enjoying this fantastic product!

Thanks Keith for your advice on the email.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)