in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-04-2008 2:13 PM by lausvi. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-21-2007 12:52 PM

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

reviews on Form 2 headphone please?

I would like to ask for comments on the audio quality of form 2 headphone, thank you.

many people said it is even worse than the a8 earphone. Do you agree?

• 04-21-2007 12:57 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: reviews on Form 2 headphone please?

Audio quality is very good IMO. Bass reproduction is particularly good. Only  negative point about Form 2's is that they get uncomfortable after a while. Say after about an hour. Had my pair for about 2 1/2 years now and use them almost daily.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-21-2007 1:15 PM In reply to

• beofan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • North Wales
    • Posts 36
    • Bronze Member

Yes I'd agree with previous post by Craig, nothing wrong with audio quality, but they do tend to pinch your ears after about an hour. But on the plus side they do have a very long cable!
    Dom
  • 04-21-2007 4:29 PM In reply to

Read Puncher's review of the A8s. He compared them to Form 2s. I think they are uncomfortable and pretty average headphones myself! The Form 1s are better but have a listen to some good ones and you will realise what you are missing! We are planning a headphone review in the next few weeks comparing B&O and other high end headphones. We shall keep you posted!
  • 04-21-2007 5:06 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

@ Craig

You use them daily?, on what, your main set up or a portable player i.e Ipod?

Cheers Graeme
  • 04-21-2007 10:29 PM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

well, yes, this is very important. If it is a outstanding partner for portable devices, or if form 2 is good for a home use or professional use headphone?!

also, for a B&O product, it costs just 100 US dollars, I wonder if it is just a very basic headphone or it is a mid-range headphone.

• 04-22-2007 12:42 AM In reply to

You can try the Form 2 out at most Apple Stores in the US (and maybe even elsewhere). I compared them straight to the Bose Triport and they do sound significant better, much clearer. I can't comment on the bass, I wasn't watching out for that, too exited that they kicked the 50$ more expensive Bose into the &*#$. Apple Stores aren't a perfect listening environment but figure they will do OK.

Cheers
    JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 04-22-2007 4:10 AM In reply to

I have a pair of Form 2s as well as Form 1s and U70s in addition to A8s and a pair of Sennheisser HD600s. I don't use the U70s - too uncomfortable, or the Form 1s (wife won't give them back!) but also would never use the Form 2s as the sound is just not up to the A8s and the HD600s blow the others away (they should do!) My daughter uses the Form 2s with her Nintendo DS so we don't have to listen to it!
  • 04-22-2007 5:35 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Peter:
    Read Puncher's review of the A8s. He compared them to Form 2s. I think they are uncomfortable and pretty average headphones myself! The Form 1s are better but have a listen to some good ones and you will realise what you are missing! We are planning a headphone review in the next few weeks comparing B&O and other high end headphones. We shall keep you posted!

Comparison was actually against against the Form 1s. I've actually re-sent this to LEE yesterday to help out in the "Fake A8" thread.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 04-22-2007 8:20 AM In reply to

The review is actually on in the manual section under A8.
  • 04-22-2007 1:58 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Graeme:

@ Craig

You use them daily?, on what, your main set up or a portable player i.e Ipod?

Graeme, i have them connected to my PC. It is in the corner of the Living Room. Normally someone in the house is watching the TV. So I listen to my music whilst on the PC.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 09-04-2008 10:25 AM In reply to

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

I have got the B&O Form 2 for more than 10 years. Some pros & cons:

+ good design

+ long cable

- the comfort of wearing them is very poor

- poor durability, especially when it comes to the earpads - you need to exchange them every 6-8 years because they just fell apart even if you don't use them at all! (cost € 14.-)

The quality of the sound is OK. But only OK. I would not recommend them unless you are a B&O collector! 

Cheers!

Wasti

• 09-04-2008 2:13 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

I am just listening music with my Form 1 headphones. I thinki they are of very good quality and they even feel quite good after some time of use. I use them with my MacBook daily. I also have A8's and they are very good, too (I use the A8's also daily with my iPod)

In case your Form 1 headphones have lost their original ear pads, the new ones can be bought from LifeStyle AV - I bought mine there. Easily attached and certainly make the Form 1's more comfortable.

The only trouble with the Form 1's I've had is that they are only around 40 ohms - some older amps require more 

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)