in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-31-2007 3:53 PM by Peter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-30-2007 4:35 PM

Time for Beo5 evaluation...

I'm considering purchasing the Beo5...

Let me hear your view on this new product..

How is it compared to the Beo4......

Maybe this is as good as it gets... BV7-40 MKII, BL9, BC2, BL6000, MX4000, Beosound 3, HDR1
  • 10-30-2007 6:57 PM In reply to

Re: Time for Beo5 evaluation...

I think this is a classic B&O product. However to work properly, it needs to be set up carefully or it will disappoint. Unfortunately, not all dealers seem completely confident in this, and this has led to some customers being unhappy with their purchase. Find a good dealer though and I have every confidence that you will be very happy with the Beo5.

It is very tactile, and the design reflects the new design philosophy - I can see links to the Beolab 3 - round base and square lens/screen - where the Beolink 1000/Beo4 remind me of the column speakers like the 6000 and Beolab1 - and the two level touch buttons are what all touch sensitive buttons should be - finally a design which allows some touch sensitivity - simply gorgeous!

When the Beolink 7000 came out, I went and bought a new system just to be able to get the remote as my 5000 system was not compatible. With the Beo5, I would do the same, but I don't have to as it works anything a Beolink 1000 will work.
  • 10-31-2007 2:10 PM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

I echo Peters comments,  ensure you understand how you want the Beo5 configured and find a dealer who is willing to work with you to fix any issues.

I love mine,  I'm sure it will become an icon for B&O over the years to come,  just like the BL8000s. 

It's easier to use than the Beo4 if you find you're using the LIST button on your Beo4 a lot then the Beo5 will certainly make your B&O kit easier to use.

There are some areas for improvement which are listed on other threads here.

Greg

• 10-31-2007 2:22 PM In reply to

Thanks for your good answers.

However isen't it a miss from B&O if the complexity of the setup involves dealers.

Also isn't it a pain that you have to charge it... My batteries in Beo4 works a year at a time.

The Dane

Maybe this is as good as it gets... BV7-40 MKII, BL9, BC2, BL6000, MX4000, Beosound 3, HDR1
  • 10-31-2007 3:53 PM In reply to

The complexity is just in the set up which customers need not see. They will merely get an intuitive remote control designed to suit their system. Having had a Beolink 7000, I find keeping the remote on the charger no problem at all - I have finally had the batteries on my Beolink 7000 replaced after 15 years!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)