in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2007 4:07 AM by Hagen2000. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-30-2007 5:12 AM

Technical Masterlink Question

Currently my old Besound Overture is the Master of all sound (both video and audio) in the house. I have a non B&O TV, but feed the sound from the TV (phone out) into a LinkConverter, which is then connected via masterlink to the Overture. I works all works fine !

However, I am considering expanding the masterlink around the house, but............

1) Does the LinkConverter control (signal from overture) when the TV sound is send to the masterlink cable or is constantly feed through from the TV. E.g. in case I press an audio source (e.g CD) on the Overture and the TV with LinkConverter is on then I will have both TV sound and CD sound on the Masterlink bus at the same time or is the the LinkConverter an intelligent device ?????????????????????????

2) I have noticed that pin 3 is called "Masterlink sense", does anybody know how this work

Many Thanks

• 10-30-2007 9:28 AM In reply to

• Moritz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-20-2007
    • Posts 6
    • Gold Member

Re: Technical Masterlink Question

Not an expert and not familiar with the LinkConverter ( yet ) but as far as i know almost all ML products can put sound on to the ML but only from one component at a time since there is only one "soundbus" on the ML. 

Only one unit is allowed to supply power to databus on the ML and sense is used to detect this.

Moritz

• 10-30-2007 9:34 AM In reply to

Sorry but I do not understand your question, can you explain your setup (or future setup) a bit more.

p.

• 10-30-2007 10:06 AM In reply to

The question is vil there be a conflict on the masterlink databus if both the TV (and link converter) and the Overture is on (see picture)

Wil there be a conflict when 

The TV/Linkconverter is trying to put TV sound on the Masterlink bus

The BS Overture trying to put audio sound on the Masterlink bus

Or can the conflict be handled by the BS ouverture and Linkconverter e.g by the Linkconverter will stop the sound from the TV when the Master put an audio sources on the masterlink bus ??????????????????

• 10-30-2007 10:15 AM In reply to

OK... you cannot connect the TV to the Beolink converter, you connect it tho the AUX entry of the ouverture...
  • 10-30-2007 10:20 AM In reply to

And you do not need a Beolink converter if your link room devices are Master Link compatible.

Note that you will be able to listen to you TV from link rooms and from the main room, by pressing A.AUX. This will stop the CD or Radio in both cases.

p.

• 10-30-2007 11:04 AM In reply to

The reason for the LinkConverter is easy use, almost B&O style friendliness (to a lower price).

Press <TV> and TV sound comes out of the speaker

Press <SAT> and the SAT sound comes out of the speakers

Press <DVD> and the DVD sound comes out of the speakers

Press <CD> and the CD sound comes out of the speakers

Try to tell my wife that she has to press A.AUX if she want to hear the television Sad

So it make sense with the LinkConverter in the curent setup ! 

My question is can a LinkConverter and BS Ouverture control what is put on the MasterLink, or is a B&O TV needed for that ?

• 11-01-2007 4:07 AM In reply to

Hi Erik,

the answer should be "yes" as this is what master link products are made for. The master link "bus" is bidirectional and only one source must supply it´s audio signal at any time. The software in all the link components (1611, ouverture etc.) takes care of this.

- If you add e.g. a beolink passive to your setup, then it will always play the sound source that was recently selected.
    - Adding another audio or video master will require to configure them as "link room"-products (but I´m not experienced with this).

Hagen

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)