in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-27-2009 4:10 AM by Gunfai. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2007 1:21 PM

Beosystem 7000 and Beovision 7-40: integration through ML/MCL Converter

I am seeking assistance with integrating my BV 7-40 with my BS 7000 which is controlling two additional link rooms through MCL. I have a ML/MCL converter (1651) connected to the Beovision through an ML cable and to the Beomaster 7000 through an A/V Link cable using the Power Link socket on the converter and the AUX socket on the Beomaster. 

This is not working so far. I have tried doing some setup with Beo4 (I also have BL 1000, 5000 and 7000), but to no avail so far.

Maybe I should use MCL to connect the Beomaster to the converter. However, since the BM already connects to the two other link rooms through the MCL sockets, a connection through the AUX socket using the A/V cable would be more convenient. I might need a splitter for my MCL to do otherwise.

I am seeking to understand the setup before going to buy additional hardware. Anyone able to help me with this? 

Thanks in advance

David

Beosystem 7000 (white), Beolab Penta III; MCL Active Speaker, Beolab 2, Beolab 3; Beolab 3500; Beovision 7-40, ML/MCL Converter; Beolink 1000, 5000, 7000, Beo4

• 10-28-2007 2:09 PM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 7000 and Beovision 7-40: integration through ML/MCL Converter

Do not use the ML/MCL convertor (T1651)

You should use a Beolink Convertor ( 7DIN --> ML ) (T1611).

This is required to be able to connect the BV 7-40 and the BS 7000 (see picture below)

Connect the MCL cable to "speakers 2" on the Beomaster 7000

• 10-28-2007 3:58 PM In reply to

damatt is right. I'm using the 1611 between a Beosystem 6500 and BeoVision 8, and it's working perfectly. Don't have anything between the powerlink connectors though - only between TV/AUX on Beomaster and Converter. What's the benefit of connecting the Powerlink connectors?

I have the TV set on Option 2 and the Beomaster on Option 0 (thanks to Craig here). Works perfectly, added N-RADIO to the LIST to be able to start the Beogram, otherwise it's pretty straightforward, with Radio, CD, etc. playing through the BeoVision.

• 10-28-2007 5:39 PM In reply to

Thanks a lot! This is perfect, given that I will not have to do any changes to my MCL setup. The ML/MCL converter was the wrong buy, a pity given the price and the fact I have never put it to use! Is it easy to sell these?

I will keep you posted once I have the converter installed.

David 

• 10-28-2007 7:49 PM In reply to

Can't your dealer exchange them and pay you the difference in price?
  • 10-29-2007 10:39 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

soundproof:

damatt is right. I'm using the 1611 between a Beosystem 6500 and BeoVision 8, and it's working perfectly. Don't have anything between the powerlink connectors though - only between TV/AUX on Beomaster and Converter. What's the benefit of connecting the Powerlink connectors?

In this instance, the PowerLink cable (fully wired only please!!) is really not needed.  The BV-7 'wants' the Pentas to be connected to its own PL outputs, and is then set up to operate as a ML Link Room.  This is despite the fact that it is in the same room as the Audio Master.  If you are using a BeoCenter 9300, for instance, you may be disturbed by the fact that the volume control on the 9300 itself no longeer works.  The PL cable provides volume information (think of the Penta Display) which the BV-7 uses to adjust volume.  But as the BM-7000 doesn't have a volume control (or any others, really) this feature really doesn't help.

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 10-29-2007 10:43 AM In reply to

RussR:
    soundproof:

In this instance, the PowerLink cable (fully wired only please!!) is really not needed.  The BV-7 'wants' the Pentas to be connected to its own PL outputs, and is then set up to operate as a ML Link Room.  This is despite the fact that it is in the same room as the Audio Master.  If you are using a BeoCenter 9300, for instance, you may be disturbed by the fact that the volume control on the 9300 itself no longeer works.  The PL cable provides volume information (think of the Penta Display) which the BV-7 uses to adjust volume.  But as the BM-7000 doesn't have a volume control (or any others, really) this feature really doesn't help.

Russ 

Thanks. I'm not using a PL, but got curious when I saw the illustration, and wondered why the connection was there.

• 10-29-2007 6:32 PM In reply to

Thank you all for your help and comments. Got the 1611 converter today and everythng is up and running just fine. I set the Beolink 5000 to Audio Two-way and video one-way and it controls everything fine from the active-speaker MCL link room. The BL3500 is controlled by a Beolink 1000; no problem there; neither with the Beo4 which controls the BV7-40.

The only limitation seems to be with the Beolink 7000 given it is two-way only (or isn't it?), which is why it does not manage to "fetch" the TV or DVD sound from the BV7. That is however a minor inonvenience, as the two rooms are next to each other and connected through a wide door and there is little point of having the TV sound in that particular room.

David 

• 10-29-2007 7:42 PM In reply to

You can change the video of the beolink 7000 into one-way by pressing:

[panel] [setup] [system] [compnts] [video] [store]

It will detect that there is no two-way tv in the room and it will switch to one-way. 

To be sure it switches to one-way, do not do this in a room where there is a link eye or a two-way tv.

You can also cover the IR-eyes on top of the Beolink 7000 before pressing [store] 

• 12-27-2009 4:10 AM In reply to

Russ:
    soundproof:

Russ 

The Powerlink cable between beomaster 7000 and Beolink converter in this setup is used for communication from Beomaster to Avant (or other TV set). If you use Beolink 5000/7000 in audio "two way" then the Avant can not translate the commands. This is done by Beomaster 7000 and then sent through the Power link cable to the Beolink Converter and then futher to the Avant. Also if you press the panel on the Beosystem then the command is sent through the Power link cable. For the Beomaster 7000 to be able to do this you have to change the firmware in the CPU board to 1.3. It is one IC which is located in the front of the Beomaster under a shielding steel plate near the clock battery. Beosystem in Option 0 and Avant in Option2.

The gain of this setup is that if the speakers are connected to the Avant you can have a full surround system and you do not need to press A/V.

By some reason the Master Control Panel 5500/6500 works in the setup but the volume information is not transfered to the Avant. Could this be solved with firmware in Beolink Converter? I have not found any information on what has been changed between firmware 1.2 and 1.4 in Beolink Converter. Are there other reasons for upgrading this firmware? 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)