in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-28-2009 6:48 AM by tournedos. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2007 4:38 AM

mx4002 or beolink passive as link room amp

hi everybody,

i'm very close to connecting up some passive ceiling speakers in my link room and value your opinions on something.

I've gone back and forth with this link room initially installing a link eye with a beolink passive with 4 passive ceiling speakers, i've then since decided to put a mx4002 in the same room.

Would there be any difference in sound, performance or functionality with one of these 2 set-ups?

Mx4002, with separate beolink passive running the 4 speakers and link eye  

Mx4002, with passive speakers running through tv

Your comments as always would be very much appreciated.

Thanks jay

p.s if i did use the latter option is there anyway of using the link eye with the tv for music and full remote options as i've already chopped it into the tiles?

jason

• 10-27-2007 9:33 AM In reply to

Re: mx4002 or beolink passive as link room amp

Jay,

Option 2 ("Mx4002, with passive speakers running through tv") would be an acceptable option because the MX4002 has Masterlink and 2 x 8-pin powerlink sockets as well as 2 x 2pin extermal speaker sockets.

You don't say what your Master link product is, but I am assuming you are connecting the Masterlink to it.

Given you are using non B&O passive speakers in the ceiling, I would not expect there to be much difference in sound quality compared with using the Beolink Passive. You don't say what kind of link room it is, if it is a modest bedroom, then I am sure it will be fine. Anything bigger or where quality is important, then I suggest you use active speakers. If this is not an option for you, yet you are concerned about the quality, then you can alway connect the MX4002 Powerlink socket output to a Beolink Passive (without IR eye) and that would also fulfil your needs. Not many people are aware of the fact that you can drive a Beolink Passive from both Masterlink with IR eye or from Powerlink without IR eye.

Regards Keith....

• 10-30-2007 3:43 PM In reply to

hi keith,

sorry i didnt thank you sooner , i got carried away connecting up my new link room when i read your reply,

its only a small room and it sounds great

thanks for your detailed help

p.s great avatar

jay Smile

jason

• 05-27-2009 3:09 PM In reply to

Hi,

I have a MX-4002 with external speaker attached.. Is it possible to turn off the speaker on the 4002 and only listen to the sound on the external speakers?

• 05-27-2009 5:56 PM In reply to

Good question Gordon, because i would like to do the same as my MX4002 is in the kitchen diner next to the patio doors and i like to run some passive speakers onto the decking when its sunny, but the tele is still to loud in the kitchen and i would just like to have the speakers on.

Anybody know? My guess is you cant do it.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 05-28-2009 6:48 AM In reply to

I believe the innards are very similar to MX6000 - I have a pair of spare CX50's connected to mine for improved stereo image, and I took a look in the service manual for just this. The internal speakers are hard wired, i.e they always play.

It would not be a big job to open the TV set and just unplug the speakers (there are internal connectors for them on the chassis), but don't go in there unless you're experienced in working with TVs, it can get dangerous.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)