in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-26-2007 1:23 PM by Sal. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2007 8:06 AM

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Beovision 8 Update

A friend of mine relayed a conversation he had a dealer here in the States and noted that the base price for a BV8 (assuming it's the smaller version 32") would be $3500.

Anyone have any more details on US Specs / availability as well as any special options for the US version?

I'm hoping it'll have a masterlink port, as well as having powerlink outs for at least front L and R.

-Sal

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 10-26-2007 8:17 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Re: Beovision 8 Update

Sal:

A friend of mine relayed a conversation he had a dealer here in the States and noted that the base price for a BV8 (assuming it's the smaller version 32") would be $3500.

Anyone have any more details on US Specs / availability as well as any special options for the US version?

I'm hoping it'll have a masterlink port, as well as having powerlink outs for at least front L and R.

-Sal

Hi Sal,

the 32 inch is the "larger" version, the other one is 26 inch.
    Both can be equipped with a System Module (4375 BV8),
    which has - Master Link, - RF modulator,
    -Interface possibility with HDR 1/ HDR 2 (two-way AVL), - Extra SCART
    - Timer play functionality (if placed in link room)

As there is only one Powerlink-socket, you can use a Powerlink-splitter
    (as suggested in the Reference Guide of BV8)

• 10-26-2007 9:28 AM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Ignace, thanks for the correction, Maybe the 32" is $4000 that was once mentioned a while ago on the other BV8 thread.

I won't assume that the "modules' for the EU versions of the televisions will be available as such here in the States. B & O has had a distinct single package approach to video devices here in the states, same spec... ie. Avant, BV5, etc.

I would foresee it would be "cheaper" for B & O to produce one kind of BV8 for the US market, as the demand for [as much of] full capability out of the box is higher.

-Sal

• 10-26-2007 12:58 PM In reply to

Sounds like the add-on module might be specific to the U.S. and include an IR control system for US-spec STBs like Tivo etc.

Sal, if it is $3500 that would be great. I can't wait to hear the official announcement.

• 10-26-2007 1:23 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

It would be absolutely wonderful if the inbuilt module can give IR control from maybe a source menu... If so, I think I have got a spare Lintronic on my hands! LOL

-Sal

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)