in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-29-2007 7:28 PM by The Stig - ver. 1.7. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2007 3:57 AM

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

Beo5 MkII

I know I have only had my Beo5 a week, in fact 6 days but here are a couple of thoughts for improvment for the MKII version that will inevitably appear at some point:

1. As Andy mentioned a mute button would be nice
    2. I think the three icons at the bottom of the screen should be backlit
    3. An optional wall mounted charger

Can you think of any others?  I have to say though I really like this product and it makes using my setup even more enjoyable.

Greg

• 10-26-2007 2:49 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Beo5 MkII

Nice point Greg.
    I would add,
    4.  A heavier, aluminium table charger instead of this cheap, tacky looking, plastic one.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-28-2007 6:29 AM In reply to

I am returning mine to the dealer, and will swap it for a Beo4. The Beo5 looks OK, very B&O, but when you pick it up it feels cheap, the same plastic they use to pack eggs. The dealer I bought it from has been unable to set it up correctly, not of the icons work, the battery keeps going flat. A waste of time and money, very disappointing. I want a remote that can control all my stuff, not only the B&O products.

Hmf 

• 10-28-2007 8:57 AM In reply to

Hi Hmf, here my impressions: 

but when you pick it up it feels cheap, the same plastic they use to pack eggs.

I have not this cheap feeling with my beo5 at all.

The dealer I bought it from has been unable to set it up correctly

My beo5 is perfectly set, it does work all my B&O stuff perfectly even lot better than my Beo4 when using the macros I've designed.

not of the icons work

All the beo5 icons and logos work perfectly for me in: TV and Sat channels, HDR2 tuner, BS9000 Radio stations, and even the 6 BS9000 CDs logos.

the battery keeps going flat

The battery life longs between 3 and 6 days for me, obviously it depends of use intensity, but in any case is double more life time than what I need.

A waste of time and money, very disappointing

Very happy with mine, and a very good investment for my money.

I want a remote that can control all my stuff, not only the B&O products

I want a remote that control all my stuff too, not only my B&O devices... and beo5 will do it soon.

Regards. 

Santiago

• 10-28-2007 9:52 AM In reply to

Santiago:

Hi Hmf, here my impressions: 

I have not this cheap feeling with my beo5 at all.

My beo5 is perfectly set, it does work all my B&O stuff perfectly even lot better than my Beo4 when using the macros I've designed.

All the beo5 icons and logos work perfectly for me in: TV and Sat channels, HDR2 tuner, BS9000 Radio stations, and even the 6 BS9000 CDs logos.

The battery life longs between 3 and 6 days for me, obviously it depends of use intensity, but in any case is double more life time than what I need.

Very happy with mine, and a very good investment for my money.

I want a remote that control all my stuff too, not only my B&O devices, and beo5 will do it soon. 

Regards. 

right on spotYes -  thumbs up 

• 10-28-2007 10:23 AM In reply to

I agree - very tactile and mine has a long battery life. I think the major problem is that some dealers are better at setting them up than others. I am sure they will improve but unfortunately the customers are the ones who are left dissatisfied.
  • 10-28-2007 11:05 AM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

I agree,  I've only had mine a week but it's a great device.  I really does come down to how it's programmed / setup.  Mine's taken several hours to get it right and to be honest it might need a bit more tweeking yet.

Greg

• 10-28-2007 1:53 PM In reply to

GSHaigh:
    Mine's taken several hours to get it right and to be honest it might need a bit more tweeking yet.

Greg

That's absolutely normal Greg ! Yes -  thumbs up

Mine's taken several DAYS to get it right...
    and to be honest mine might need a bit more tweeking yet even after more than 70 configuration updates Wink

Best regards. 

Santiago

• 10-28-2007 3:46 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

"When you pick it up, it feels cheep"Surprise
    Are you sure it is a Beo5???

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-28-2007 4:12 PM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

I can see how you maybe underwhelmed by it if its not configured correctly.  If you've spent a lot of money on your Beo5 and it only does as much as your Beo4 and potentially some features don't work as they should you then would start to pick fault - That's just human nature.

When I collected my Beo5 DTV didn't work because of the V.SAT / V_SAT problem it took a good few days to sort this out and I was getting frustrated.  My dealers is great and only 15 mins away and we have a good relationship, and along with the support of people here on BeoWorld I have the Beo 5 working a treat.  I'm now trying to get it to work with my home automation system via a LinTronic box to control my lights!

Greg

• 10-29-2007 7:28 PM In reply to

GSHaigh:

I know I have only had my Beo5 a week, in fact 6 days but here are a couple of thoughts for improvment for the MKII version that will inevitably appear at some point:

1. As Andy mentioned a mute button would be nice
    2. I think the three icons at the bottom of the screen should be backlit
    3. An optional wall mounted charger

Can you think of any others?  I have to say though I really like this product and it makes using my setup even more enjoyable.

Greg

1: Mute is scroll back fast on volume button, hard to do Super Angry

2: Yes

3: on the way at beospeed Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)