in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-29-2007 6:21 AM by Keith Saunders. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2007 2:50 AM

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Service Menu on BEO5

Anyone knows how to enter the service menu on a BEO5?

Regards,
    Ken

• 10-26-2007 5:31 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Service Menu on BEO5

STDBY + GO  (Setup) - 0 - 0 - GO.

Stefan
  • 10-27-2007 4:13 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Stefan,

Do you know how to total reset the BEO5? That is delete everything in the memory, settings etc?

Ken

• 10-27-2007 9:36 AM In reply to

Ken,

That can only be achieved by a download from the PC.

Regards Keith....

• 10-29-2007 4:25 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Hi Keith, all,

My main problem have been that my BEO5 would not connect to my PC. It was OK at the dealer and I downloaded a very basic configuration and updated firmware before I took it back home. Back at home I couldn't get my PC to reconized the BEO5. I kept saying "Device unkown" when I placed it in the charger connected to my PC. The PC reconized that a USB PnP device was connect but it looked like the device (BEO5) didn't respond to any requst about type, manufactore etc. needed to find and install the right driver. A frind of mine also got at BEO5 at the same time and it work fine. I tried mine in his charger connected to his PC in order to rule out any problem with my PC, cabels, charger etc. Same problem on his PC (Device Unkonwn). Then I knew that it was a problem with the BEO5 itself. I thourgt that a total reset maby could help. What I did instead was to wait until the BEO5 was total discharged (took very long time and I had to keep activating it to use as much power as possible). Yesterday after it was totally discharged and was powerd off, I once again tried to conect it to my PC. Guess what happend. It worked as it should. I installed the driver and made a number of downloads. everthin is now OK.

So a learning (maybe for the FAQ section) is to discharge and power down the BEO5 if it have problems communicating with the PC. Still I hope there is a trick to power down and restart the BEO5 without waiting for the battery to go flat (This is the only thime it's a drawback to have long battery life).

Everything is now fine and I quite happy with the BEO5.

Regards,
    Ken 

• 10-29-2007 6:21 AM In reply to

Ken, You have a PM

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)