in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-21-2007 12:31 PM by Beonut. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-21-2007 7:56 AM

B & O Plasmas-is screenburn/image retention a problem?

From postings on another forum,it appears to be the case that "running in" a plasma screen for a recommended 200 hours does not necessarily guarantee that one will not encounter either screen burn,or image retention.

Given that apparently Panasonic supply plasma panels to B & O's own specification,have owners of the latter's plasma TVs encountered problems?

Have owners "run in " the panels,and if so at what settings,and for how long?

I look forward to advices.

Thanks,

Terry.

• 04-21-2007 8:04 AM In reply to

Re: B & O Plasmas-is screenburn/image retention a problem?

The problem with plasma screens is really with non moving objects. The presence of on screen logos seems to be a problem as well as the use of pictures with Beomedia. B&O have introduced a new bit of software in the BV9 and BS3 called the screen eraser which is designed to combat this.It comprises of a white line that moves slowly across the screen when activated. One can also simply turn the contrast to maximum for a couple of hours as this will have a similar effect.

It would appear that the new D9 and D10 screens are quite sensitive to this. 

• 04-21-2007 12:31 PM In reply to

• Beonut
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Essex, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Bronze Member

Re: B & O Plasmas-is screenburn/image retention a problem?

If I leave my BS3/ BV4-50 d9 on a logo heavy channel for 5 / 6 hours the logo images are initially retained, but they  go away within a few days of further use. I have not seen any permenent retention.

Peter - interested to know how to turn on the screen easer I have not seen this feature.

Cheers

Peter  

My B&O - BS3, BV4-50, Beomedia 1, BS3200, DVD1, BL8000, BL6000, BL3, BL2, BL7.4
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)