in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-25-2007 6:04 AM by beologisch. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2007 12:52 PM

Speaker: How close is too close?

Dear All:

I mentioned before that last week I received the new BV 7 and BL 9s.  My current space is small which makes placing the front speakers tricky.  I am wondering how close is too close?  Currently, the BL 9s are centemeters from the tele.  Will the closeness have an effect on the screen? 

I remember when I was kid and CRT teles.  When ever a speaker was too close, it would alter the screen?  Are the BL 9s shielded?

Thanks for the help.

Dario
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
    Filed under: ,
  • 10-24-2007 1:40 PM In reply to

Re: Speaker: How close is too close?

Hi Dario,

there is no such effect to an LCD screen as it is not using a magnetic deflection.

Hagen

• 10-24-2007 1:54 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

BeoLab 9s are not shielded, but LCD and Plasma displays aren't affected at all by magnetic fields.

Try and get the speakers more than the width of the screen apart though, they'll sound much better...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-24-2007 7:42 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

I dare say that if they are LESS than the width of the screen apart they will LOOK pretty weird, as well.

Ray

• 10-25-2007 6:04 AM In reply to

symmes:

I dare say that if they are LESS than the width of the screen apart they will LOOK pretty weird, as well.

Ray

Agree : almost like a modern version of the old LX series, with the speakers on both sides of the TV [unlike the pretty MX]

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)