in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-29-2007 5:21 AM by Moritz. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2007 10:00 AM

CRESTRON CONTROL

B&O friends,

Does anyone has experience with Crestron set up to work with B&O?

I know they are compatible and a designer even created a very cool B&O touch screen template for Crestron panels.

But how does this works? how is for instance a beosystem 1 or 3, or a beosound 9000 connected to Crestron panel, thru a wire, infrared??

If i am correct using Crestron could help mixing with non B&O products and still keep the spirit. Maybe this is why the dealers remain very vague about it, or maybe they just have never seen it???

Thanks

• 10-29-2007 5:21 AM In reply to

• Moritz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-20-2007
    • Posts 6
    • Gold Member

Re: CRESTRON CONTROL

Hi There

Just bought a used AV9000 and used many hours last week programming Crestron, testing + + +. I only use ir from Crestron, not the B&Oadapter. (learning a beo- remote takes time since there are a lot of different codes for every button)

Analog TV-channels are soon gone here in Norway so i'm using sat ( non B&O ). Controling the receiver and B&O works just fine.  I didn't by speakers ( yet ) so i'm using a pair of sony amps to drive 4 "normal" speakers + sub. Signal that usually turns Beolab's on now goes to Crestron so Sonyamps turns on and selects right input even if I only use the beolink remote when listening to music + + +.

Crestron can do almost everything with B&O but i think its a waste of time programming every possible function so i only have buttons for everyday use like vol,play,stop and selecting sources on touchpanel. I use beolink for advanced operations.

Selecting the right soundmode ( pressing sound + 2 =stereo, sound + 5=surround ) and many other functions can be made easyer with crestron. I made a sound/picture-menu with buttons for mono, stereo, 3D + + +  and programmed in the button-sequenses in crestron. In the same menu is level for subwoofer, picture , tone-controls + + + ( and later option for choose between  projector and TV. Of course screen wil be hidden, motorized and controlled by Crestron ). 

A TV in an other room gets signal from the same sat-receiver and since the touchpanel is wireless changing channels + + can be done easy from the whole house. I don't have but a set of speakers outside can alsow get signal from same system and controlled from Crestron.  

AV9000 is an old system compared to the ones you ask about but using them is very similar so if you think you need Crestron, try it!

Good luck, Moritz

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)