in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-24-2007 6:00 AM by GSHaigh. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2007 9:40 AM

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

Beo5 and BeoMedia

Hi

Having played wit my Beo5 for a few days and slowly beginning to get it configured as I want it.  I came to BeoMedia and pondered how to configure it.  Certainly B&O haven't come up with any at all interesting for the initial screens.  I'm now wondering if they have anything instore for us.  There is no reason why Beo5 could sync via USB to BeoMedia for the download of information to make navigation quicker.

What do you think,  are B&O thinking along these lines?

Greg

• 10-23-2007 9:51 AM In reply to

Re: Beo5 and BeoMedia

Before the Beo5 was released there were already rumours that it would be able to synchronise playlists.

Hopefully the feature will be available soon, it would make a lot of people buy that remote.

p.

• 10-23-2007 12:08 PM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

wtlc2zpx:

Before the Beo5 was released there were already rumours that it would be able to synchronise playlists.

Hopefully the feature will be available soon, it would make a lot of people buy that remote.

p.

And very happy!!!!  Album art on the wish list too!

• 10-23-2007 1:49 PM In reply to

GSHaigh:
    wtlc2zpx:

p.

yeah that would be nice

I wonder when B&O shall update sw on BM1 to handle albumcover same as Beoplayer/port can do now???? 

• 10-23-2007 1:52 PM In reply to

There is no reason why Beo5 could sync via USB to BeoMedia for the download of information to make navigation quicker.

What do you think,  are B&O thinking along these lines?

Hi Greg, 

Hmmm... I don't think so Hmm

We could ask exactly the same feature for us: the beoplayer-beoport modest users...isn't it? Wink
    But sadly the Beo5 only has 2Mb of flash memory, and a little standard config as mine needs more than 1Mb space, so the rest is really a very limited place to stock any kind of added info data, even in a very simple text format Sad,
    and for me, another crap solution as the 100 CDs stock limit in the BS9000, is absolutely useless.

In the future the device to manage ALL this kind of info including album arts, will be called "BeoSound5" Wink

Santiago

• 10-23-2007 6:29 PM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

My view is that they "B&O" need to offer more functionallity to BeoMeida and this is an easy way to do this...  if they can pursuade users to spend another £450.  BeoMedia costs £1500 and BeoPort £225 in their own minds I bet they can justify adding functionallity to the more expensive products and not the others.  Let's face it they will want to offer this funtionallity with any new digital products - BeoSound 5? 

Let's see!

Greg

• 10-24-2007 6:00 AM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

....mr anders(son):
    GSHaigh:
    wtlc2zpx:

p.

yeah that would be nice

I wonder when B&O shall update sw on BM1 to handle albumcover same as Beoplayer/port can do now???? 

Hopefully soon.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)