in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-22-2007 12:16 PM by frog. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-22-2007 11:08 AM

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Now I'm Puzzled about the STBs and PUC with Beo5

Why is it you have to select a specific STB in the software to control it when the PUC already has this configuration?

I can understand for completeness it can be done so the PDF with the configuration list is accurate, but where I have extra items in by STB list in the PUC, they aren't addressable from the BEO5.

I haven't tried, but if I just select another box type in the Beo5 software which has all the buttons on it, then it should just work should it not?

• 10-22-2007 11:17 AM In reply to

Re: Now I'm Puzzled about the STBs and PUC with Beo5

As you have noted, you do not actually need a STB (PUC) setup in the configuration other than to add V.AUX & DTV/SAT etc.

The only reason to have the correct STB is after it has been selected  where it has "Guide" and other functions, but these can be added manually if your STB does not appear in the list.

So, the bottomline is, if your STB is not in the list, it does not stop you controlling the connected STB, it just means you may not have all the sub-menu keys available.

Regards Keith....

• 10-22-2007 12:16 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Re: Now I'm Puzzled about the STBs and PUC with Beo5

Right... that was my thoughts. I would think all the sub-menu keys should be accessable from the Beo5 as the PUC is the thing sending them to the box anyhow. I'll try it out when I get home later
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)