in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-27-2007 6:19 AM by barny. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2007 6:54 PM

• barny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

BV7 and Projector

BeoVision 7 & a projector

I have the BV7 and want to use my projector with it. However, I found out that it is an OPTION!!!! What is the point of putting the output port on the TV then making it an option??? My previous Avant had it working as standard, as does the Beosystems I understand.

Any help on making this active? How much does it cost and is it an easy "just turn on a setting"?

Actually thinking about doing away with the TV completely and getting the new BeoSystem instead. Like the idea of everything completely hidden from view when not in use. Anyone done this (drop down projector from ceiling, concealed speakers, lights and curtains automatically close/off etc etc???)

Thanks

Barny

Filed under: ,
  • 04-20-2007 7:06 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV7 and Projector

i have a bv7 too, but no experience with projectors.

but i think there is no problem to connect one to a bv7. check your reference guide, pages 38-39.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-20-2007 9:01 PM In reply to

I thought the option is the hometheater module, which can control few projectors.

Anyway, I have a projector since last christmas and loving it sofar. The only thing is, with the big picture I sort of see the need for blueray or HD but that is something I don't want to put my toe in just yet.

If you watch during the day and can't control the lighting situation I would keep the BV around. Also, to make the projector picture great, you really need darkness and if your partner wants to do something else while you watch that is effectivly not possible.

Cheers
    JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 04-21-2007 2:20 AM In reply to

I have a BV7 and it works fine with a projector. There are 2 manners you can connect it: using the VGA plug dedicated to the projector, or a scart.

When it is on the VGA you need to activate it with FORMAT 0.

I think I get a better result with the scart connection as my projector is 4x3 rather than 16x9. But I do not get the virtuar source/clock display on the screen.
  • 04-21-2007 3:40 AM In reply to

I think I would want a normal TV as well to watch things like the news on.
  • 04-21-2007 7:06 AM In reply to

• barny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Thanks guys. I connected it via VGA (as it is a VGA projector) and selected Option Format 0. Nothing happened at all. Looked in manual (yes, and I am male as well!!!!) and it implies that connecting a projector is an option that needs enabling. Couldn't find a way to do that. I have a call to my local dealer. Worried that as I have a v1 of the TV it might not be enabled.

Peter, Not sure I agree with you. Nothing like seeing the Tweenies in 6' high to really scare the kids!Big Smile 

• 04-21-2007 7:19 AM In reply to

Have you been in the menu OPTION then CONNECTION?
  • 04-27-2007 6:19 AM In reply to

• barny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Spoken to my dealer. They have told me that it is £400 to fit as it doesn't come as a standard fit on BeoVision 7's. Only BeoLiving dealers can supply pre-installed, and only on the BeoSystem 3. Everything else requires a retro-fit at £400 a time. Need a card installed. Also got the same answer about HDMI connection, but fortunately I negotiated this at purchase so this has been installed FOC.

Just wanted to see what it looked like in my living room and would have been nice to have a widescreen setup for those movie moments. Looks like I shall just have to use my laptop instead and route the audio through the TV as I currently do! Not ideal. Sometimes things are never as simple as you'd like. Hey ho.

Barny

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)