in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-16-2007 7:06 AM by TheMajor. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-19-2007 8:48 AM

Remote recommendations

I love B&O but like all not the price. I have a Beosound one and beolab 4s (with my TV). I am saving for a beosound 4, which I will get next year. I have a Beo4.

I have no intentions of buying a B&O TV as I think they are great but over priced, so I went wth Sony. I want to get a remote that will work with my TV, Beosound one and 4 when it arrives. I would love to use the beo4. My friend says this is possible, but how?

Beosystem 7000/6500- Beolab 4000 - Beosound 1 - A8 - Earset 3 - Beo4

• 10-19-2007 9:09 AM In reply to

Re: Remote recommendations

Not possible I'm afraid. The B&O remote uses a completely different frequency and codes to other systems.

Regards Graham

• 10-19-2007 9:33 AM In reply to

TheMajor:
    I love B&O but like all not the price. I have a Beosound one and beolab 4s (with my TV). I am saving for a beosound 4, which I will get next year. I have a Beo4.

I have no intentions of buying a B&O TV as I think they are great but over priced, so I went wth Sony. I want to get a remote that will work with my TV, Beosound one and 4 when it arrives. I would love to use the beo4. My friend says this is possible, but how?

The short answer: you can't.

The long answer: you can... but it involved some intermediat hardware (Lintronic).. there's a dedicated forum about Lintronic here on BeoWorld... check it out.

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 10-19-2007 10:51 AM In reply to

The Lintronic forum is no more... check on the lintronic web site.

Some universal remote can control B&O & other brands.

p.

• 10-19-2007 12:08 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

I have a Sony remote that can control B&O

• 10-19-2007 1:06 PM In reply to

Oneremote.dk makes a pcb to your beo4, so it possible control sony tv works very well.
  • 12-16-2007 7:06 AM In reply to

After looking at the option Lintronic are they way to go for me. I take it someone here must use them? Would you recommend it? I just want to control my TV but if I can do my lights too, I would be extremely happy.

Thanks for you help guys. 

Beosystem 7000/6500- Beolab 4000 - Beosound 1 - A8 - Earset 3 - Beo4

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)