in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-20-2007 6:22 PM by Iconic-AV. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2007 4:59 PM

beosound 1

I went to buy one with a white grill and I noticed the paint had missed some wholes and some whole had too much paint. I saw this on 2 units. Has anyone else seen this? Should I just get silver or another anodized color or hold out for the white color I like the best? I can wait for another unit to come in. What do you think?
  • 04-20-2007 5:13 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: beosound 1

Not sure quite what you mean tascam!

The holes arent actually meant to be painted!! Hmm - this would rather impede the sound!

Do you mean the paint was thick in places and thin in others, or was patchy?  Not sure these units would have got past quality control!

Welcome to BeoWorld too!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 04-20-2007 5:14 PM In reply to

To be honest my silver BS1 does have some slight inconsistencies in it's finish but these are only noticable from very obscure viewing angles that it would never normally be looked at from.

Nicholas
  • 04-20-2007 5:31 PM In reply to

Yes, the paint didn't completely fill in a few holes in the grill and it was too thick in other holes. You could see it from a few feet away especially where the metal showed thru where the paint didn't completely adhere. that's why I was curious if I should go for the silver since it is not paint but an anodized finish.
  • 04-20-2007 6:22 PM In reply to

ive not seen the white , but that doesnt sound right to me, if that was the case id go for a silver one

jason

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)