in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-16-2007 3:44 PM by hudspau. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2007 11:40 AM

b and o ME6000 tv

could anyone one help us please we have 2 b and o tv s and loads of audio equipment which i love very much,at the moment amd experiencing problems with my b and o tv me6000 it keeps turning itself off all the time,granted its a few years old but is like an old friend and a great picture,as this happened to anyone else if so could you tell me what the problem was please please please?also if we unplug it for half and hour and then plug it back in it works for a short while again,ta
  • 10-16-2007 12:18 PM In reply to

Re: b and o ME6000 tv

You have the classic fault symptom, but it can be caused by many different problems.

The TV has a safety circuit which in those days was called a "Crowbar" which shutdown the power supply. Many things can trigger this circuit and include the following:-

• Power Supply over voltage on one of the lines.
    • To much current being drawn from the power Supply
    • Dirt in the EHT area causing insulation breakdown and sometimes flashover

The fact that it works for a short time after you have unplugged the TV tends to lead me to believe that a component is breaking down as it heats up. You will have to get a person experienced in these TV's to look at it so they can measure the voltages at the test points to discover the likely cause.

Regards Keith....

• 10-16-2007 1:49 PM In reply to

The ME and LE range of tv's were fitted with a Philips chassis,so are somewhat different from the designed"in house" B&O models.

Very reliable from memory,and good performers too! Anyone with Philips tv expertise should be able to help if you don't have a B&O service agent locally

• 10-16-2007 3:43 PM In reply to

you for your help much appreciated.paul
  • 10-16-2007 3:44 PM In reply to

hankyou for your reply much appreciated.paul
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)