in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-20-2007 4:38 PM by 355f. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2007 5:41 AM

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Product called 'Light Manager' for Beo4

On eBay there is a product being sold from Germany which the company calls  a 'Light Manager' which will it is claimed will provide the same functions as the old LC2 and is controllable by the Beo4. They are sold as new.

Anyone know anything about them and importantly, whether they are a viable alternative to the LC2?

• 10-16-2007 6:17 AM In reply to

Re: Product called 'Light Manager' for Beo4

You can get full details of the product HERE

Regards Keith....

• 10-16-2007 12:29 PM In reply to

Does anybody have any experience with these?  I emailed them to see if they have a USA product already.

• 10-17-2007 3:25 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

Thanks for the link Keith, I am just about to buy one. Have been looking for a solution like this for ages and didn't even realise these existed.

Cheers, Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 10-17-2007 4:56 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

The Beonic Man:

Keith Saunders:

Thanks for the link Keith, I am just about to buy one. Have been looking for a solution like this for ages and didn't even realise these existed.

Cheers, Simon.

Firstly, thanks Keith for the link.

Secondly, If you order one Simon, please post an opinion. The information on the site about controlling a via the Beo4 seems to describe a somewhat complicated procedure compared to the LC2 but that may not be the case in practice.

Now the LC2 is not in production any more it will be interesting to see if this product is a viable alternative. 

• 10-17-2007 5:20 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Those of you who are thinking of ordering this product, do be aware that it would seem that it may not be able to run alongside existing LC2s or LC1s
    Looks quite good though, especially for controlling in neighbouring rooms that aren't linked.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-17-2007 6:31 AM In reply to

Bang & Olufsen really do have a powerful remote control, I mean the ability to control the weather is just incredible!!!  Whatever next?
  • 10-17-2007 7:04 AM In reply to

Certainly an interesting product.

As I understand it, one should buy one Light-Manager for Beo4 and then buy the applicable RF Actuators.

Have I understood that correct?

It was also possible to purchase a set of 3 Power socket adaptors, with asmall remote.

I assume that they also can be controlled by the Lightmanager, but they seem to be able to handle less watts.

/Claes

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 10-17-2007 7:06 AM In reply to

Noticed that one can buy the adaptors in Sweden.

"For our customers from Sweden: Radio controlled switches from www.nexa.se are also compatible and can be used with the Light-Manager! "

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 10-17-2007 7:37 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

If somebody knows a device like that which operates distant switches via X10 (instead of RF in this case), let me know, it's exactly what I need... (I'm searching for something less expensive& complicated than the lintronic module for X10)
  • 10-17-2007 10:39 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Hiort:

Certainly an interesting product.

As I understand it, one should buy one Light-Manager for Beo4 and then buy the applicable RF Actuators.

Have I understood that correct?

It was also possible to purchase a set of 3 Power socket adaptors, with asmall remote.

I assume that they also can be controlled by the Lightmanager, but they seem to be able to handle less watts.

/Claes

Hi I have the sconi (not produced anymore I think) with the RF  function.
    I run it from my laptop connected to Intertechno dimmers and switches which are fitted into the wall.

I have to say that the software has always been tempremental and will work fine for a day and then all of a sudden won´t react. I then have to shut down the control programme and restart it to switch the lights on.

As to the infra red converter it has real trouble converting my sat boxes signals. 

• 10-17-2007 11:19 AM In reply to

• 10-19-2007 2:04 PM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Hi,

I have one of these jbmedia devices. So it translates the BEO4 Light comands in RF comands as mentioned on the website. So if you own a LC2, from my point of view both should work at the same time!

I expirienced two drawbacks of the product:

1. For what ever reason, if you disconect it from power, it forgets all stored codes, so you have to re-program (sounds more difficult that it actually is)

2. It looks like that the device don't like plasma screens (same like the Lintronic Box). The IR reception with a switched on BV4 is very bad...

I heard from other users (not the B&O version of it) the the dimmer function does not work very good.

If you can deal with the mentioned problems, it does its job

kawo 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 10-19-2007 3:56 PM In reply to

kawo:

Hi,

I have one of these jbmedia devices. So it translates the BEO4 Light comands in RF comands as mentioned on the website. So if you own a LC2, from my point of view both should work at the same time!

I expirienced two drawbacks of the product:

1. For what ever reason, if you disconect it from power, it forgets all stored codes, so you have to re-program (sounds more difficult that it actually is)

2. It looks like that the device don't like plasma screens (same like the Lintronic Box). The IR reception with a switched on BV4 is very bad...

I heard from other users (not the B&O version of it) the the dimmer function does not work very good.

If you can deal with the mentioned problems, it does its job

kawo 

Order on hold!

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 10-20-2007 7:50 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

why not just order lintronic for B&O if your in UK can give you a good contact that will supply at a favourable price.

I have mine as a freestanding unit on the floor controlling the lights as i did not want to sink it into the wall.

Fat better solution - albeit more expensive than messing about with this product!

• 10-20-2007 2:44 PM In reply to

355f:

why not just order lintronic for B&O if your in UK can give you a good contact that will supply at a favourable price.

I have mine as a freestanding unit on the floor controlling the lights as i did not want to sink it into the wall.

Fat better solution - albeit more expensive than messing about with this product!

I'll look into that, cheers.

• 10-20-2007 3:09 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

And it works fine with plasma, as many zones as you want- fades in and fades out- all adjustable!
  • 10-20-2007 4:23 PM In reply to

355f:
    And it works fine with plasma, as many zones as you want- fades in and fades out- all adjustable!

Could you post a couple of pictures for me so I can see exactly what equipment I need to ask for? I will almost certainly do it with a floor stand as you have because I have recently finished decorating the house so I won't be pulling light switches out or messing about with electrics anymore. An idea of estimaed cost would be useful too. Thanks.

Simon.

• 10-20-2007 4:38 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

The Beonic Man:

355f:

Could you post a couple of pictures for me so I can see exactly what equipment I need to ask for? I will almost certainly do it with a floor stand as you have because I have recently finished decorating the house so I won't be pulling light switches out or messing about with electrics anymore. An idea of estimaed cost would be useful too. Thanks.

Simon.

Well I use mine to control all the lights which are table lights, to wire themain houselights into it you would have to sinkit inot the wall of course!

Best look on Lutron.com, price wise porbably starts at £500

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)