in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-22-2007 2:40 AM by Dillen. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2007 10:47 PM

Spares for BeoGram 8000

Can anyone help with finding spares for my 8000. I picked it up non-working about 8 months ago, I did check it over but failed to notice until I got it home that the motor and a circuit board that go below the platter were gone (maybe other parts too in that area)..... But I probably would still have bought it (and some LP's), for $25.

From what I read here I think someone may have been investigating speed problems, but unless I can get these parts I don’t need the metal encoder disc or capacitor set (which probably were the original problem). Anyway I wanted to make this my winter project and restore it. Also is there any technical service manual that describes in more detail how I might put this back together and what test signals to look for etc. that might be helpful.

Filed under:
  • 10-15-2007 2:57 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Spares for BeoGram 8000

Welcome to Beoworld !

I am currently very low on tangential parts but maybe another member can help with parts from a scrapped machine.
    You will be able to use parts from a Beogram 6006 as well.

Anyway, could you be more specific, which motor is missing ?

A photo could maybe help us tell you exactly what's missing and if we/I can help you to the part(s).

The service manual is available for download and will contain a bit more info, schematics etc.

Martin

• 10-21-2007 11:14 PM In reply to

Martin,

Thanks very much for your quick response. It took me a while to work out how to upload an image (attached).

When I purchased the turntable, I did not know much about B&O so I assumed the assembly in the center was the motor, like in most direct drive turntables. It was only after I started research that I realized my mistake and that parts had gone missing.

I guess it is no problem if I can't get it going, but I hate to give up. Getting one made special would not seem possible from the minimal facts I know and probably very expensive. Maybe I'll have to wait to invest in another "parts" player and make one out of two.

David

• 10-22-2007 2:40 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Any Beogram tangential is worth saving in my opinion, at least it deserves a try.

It seems to me that the only things missing (visibly) in the photos is the black subplatter and motor-(eddy-current) coils, maybe some leaf springs for the suspension.

These are things that shouldn't be too hard to find, I may even have some, but I suggest you open up the Beogram into service position and take another photo, that would allow us to see if more parts are missing.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)