in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-19-2007 5:55 PM by peterseventy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2007 5:23 PM

Driving Powerlink speakers from non-B&O equipment

Is there any device which will produce Powerlink-compatible 5.1 or 7.1 loudspeaker outputs from a non-B&O digital audio input?
  • 10-19-2007 2:32 PM In reply to

Re: Driving Powerlink speakers from non-B&O equipment

If you have a 5.1 (or 7.1) amplifier with pre-outs (line outputs that are volume controlled) you should be able to connect them directly to B&O speakers using their line inputs or use common RCA/DIN adapter cables for this purpose. You will have to supply a control voltage of +5V to some pin of the powerlink cable in order to turn the speakers on (please see more here: http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/ )!

Hagen

• 10-19-2007 2:41 PM In reply to

Hagen, I have found that running B&O speakers from other equipment is quite painless. I've never come across the signal drop out from not supplying the "control voltage of +5V" you speak of.

Am trying out various receivers/processors and am using a Linn Unidisk SC and a Primare receiver.

Both have analog outs for the various surround speakers, and both allow you to set the relative level between the speakers, and to control volume up-and-down.I bought RCA-to-Powerlink cables at my B&O dealer. The reason I didn't use a BeoSystem 3 is because it doesn't have S/PDIF coax out, which I need for my setup.

Have had a pair of BeoLab 5s connected via s/pdif coax to a Konnekt 24D for several months now, and have never experienced that the speakers go to sleep unless I switch them off.
    Similarly with a pair of BeoLab 3s that I used as back surrounds before switching to BeoLab 4000s. Both types have never gone to sleep on me while the equipment they have been connected to has been on.

• 10-19-2007 5:55 PM In reply to

Many thanks for your advice, gives my superb B&O speakers a new lease of life
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)