in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-15-2007 9:47 AM by Dave. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2007 1:54 PM

Just my piece of luck

I just had to share this will all of you (maybe in a rather strange feeling of making someone jealous):

Today I picked up a near mint BeoGram 7000 with MMC 4 cartridge in also excellent condition. The seller clearly did not know what he had at hand. I've seen decks like these go for around 500 euro on ebay. Nice to know if I ever want to part with it again.

I was in need for a record deck since a collegue  of mine inspired me to buy vinyl again. Just for emotional reasons I bought a mint copy of Harry James direct disc "The King James Version" which is due to arrive any day now. I also could not resist a first pressing of Deja Vu.

In my hunt for a record deck I bid on a BeoGram 1203 which I later found out was offered by a BeoWorld member (Martin Dillen). I lost it just two bucks away. The same thing happend with a near mint BeoMaster 4000 I had my eye on (also from Martin). Anyway I have the BeoGram 7000 connected to my BeoSound 9000 at the moment, but it will sadly have to move to my study as my wife is not to fond of additional equipment. Anyone has a nice BeoMaster (preferably in white) on offer?

Mario 

• 10-14-2007 4:33 PM In reply to

Re: Just my piece of luck

I had a girlfriend who kept eyeing my B&O installation and wondering whether we couldn't swap it for Bose. "So much more compact."

I stress the word HAD ... 

• 10-14-2007 6:34 PM In reply to

great call on the harry james record. Thats on the sheffield lab label and is awesome on cd, i can't imagine how it will sound on vinyl

Congrats

jazz 

• 10-15-2007 9:46 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Ooer i'll be looking for this record, it sounds darn good. Go you, well done mr!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-15-2007 9:47 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Argh pls delete this post it's dodgy

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)