in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-11-2007 9:42 PM by darioazul. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-11-2007 4:21 PM

Just ordered: BV 7 et al

Dear All:

I just ordered my first tele.  Not having had a tele for an extended period, it appears that I have been missing little.  I did miss the old Warner cartoons that helped me to learn English and some of the USA's ways.  

What did I order?  
    BV 7 with a 7-4 in aluminium
    BL 9s-gray
    BL 3s-red

I contemplated going for a BV 7 in dark gray but decided against it.  it would showed the dust more and it looked faded at the store.  Comparing my current BS 9000 on the aluminium floor stand it looks good and blends in nicely with the surroundings.  The choice of red BL 3s was just to add a little color.  They are small enough to blend in and add a little spark.  

I am looking forward to seeing movies on something other than my iMac 17 inch.  

It is a shame that the BV 7 does not play SACD but it can play DivX.  I do not get it.  The sales person said it was because it is 'not popular.'  And DivX is?  I am considering adding an OPPO DV-981HD.  There's some great Jazz (never smooth Jazz, please)  and classical recordings in the SACD format that, undoubtly, will sound great in the new system.  

By the way, the BV 7 will be ML to the BS 9000.  When the Beo5 comes to the US, I may get one.  

Please let me know how to get the most out of this system.  It will not be attached to a cable or satellite service.  It will be used for watching movies and listening.  I am apprehensive of having a tele again.  

I am not sure how long it will take to get here.  

Regards,

Dario

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
    Filed under:
  • 10-11-2007 5:26 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: Just ordered: BV 7 et al

Wow! A real dream-setup! Should be a classic in some years. Don't forget to post some pictures when you got it. The only thing you need now is patience! 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 10-11-2007 7:56 PM In reply to

Sounds like a wonderful system. How long do you expect to wait for delivery?  I see you are also in the USA as we are. We recently purchased a pair of Beolab 9s to go with our Avant. We moved the Beolab 1s that were in front to the rear. The 9s are incredible speakers that still give me chills when I hear a new piece of music on them.  We are traveling to a B and O dealer tomorrow to admire the Beovision 7 some more.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 10-11-2007 8:46 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

Congratulations Dario!  A system worth envying!  Take pictures!

You're right, there's NOTHING to watch on TV.  I don't have one at home either.  Just enjoy your carefully-selected movies and your high-quality music; you'll be smarter than the average person around you that way, right? Smile

...my two cents ~AJ
  • 10-11-2007 9:42 PM In reply to

Dear Fellow Midwesterner:

Did you have your little one?  If so, CONGRATS!!!

I believe you mentioned you are a sound engineer, correct?  

Have you noticed a decrease sound quality in current recordings?  It appears to me that the recordings are being optimized for earphones?  What do your trained ears say?  Are you aware of a particular label that puts out good quality Jazz and/or classical?  

The wait for the system will be about a week.  I am not holding my breath...We all know B&O sometimes gets its timing warped.

Regards,

Dario
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)