in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-04-2008 1:21 PM by soundchoice70. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2007 9:42 AM

Beomaster 6000 4 Channel

Having recently moved house I need a new system for my kitchen, and though I was toying with the idea of a Beomaster/Beolab 5000 combination with a Beogram CDX, I've decided that I'd quite like to own a Beomaster 6000 4 Channel instead. I've got a couple of B&O signature pieces (like the Beomaster 8000) and would really like one of these collectable units too. Question I have is how much should I be looking to pay for one (not bothered if it has the remote commander) and are there any in the UK at all for sale??? I've seen one or two on eBay (there's one on there at the moment in The Netherlands with a starting bid of £400 - ouch!), but not in the last few months on eBay UK at all.

Also, what would be a nice discrete speaker choice to use, should I be able to get my hands on one. I'd thought about Beovox 3000 panels for a nice easy going kind of sound. I've got the Beomaster 8000 and some Beovox Pentas in the next room, so can use them when I really want to CRANK it up :)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ta.

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 10-10-2007 9:56 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 6000 4 Channel

One that works and that is in good condition will be expensive. Most are neither and are still expensive! I would change my mind and get the Beolab/Beomaster 5000 which sounds a lot better and is wonderful! Also at the very top of the B&O tree as far as build quality goes.

Others may disagree (Fabian!) and I do accept that it is a stunning piece of kit!

• 10-10-2007 10:33 AM In reply to

I'd like the Beomaster/Beolab 5000 Peter, but I can't seem to find these in good working order either, despite looking for quite some time now. I wonder how difficult it will be to track down a working Beomaster 6000 then......I was offered one plus a Beogram 6000, two boxed MMC 6000s and 4 mint P50 speakers last winter for around £1000, but I was put off because I didn't really have room for the P50s in my old house, and had really wanted to mix up some old and new B&O in terms of Beomaster and speakers.

The search continues.......

• 10-10-2007 12:31 PM In reply to

A Beomaster 3400 would be a suitable alternative, they are better in many respects, but do not tend to attract the high prices of the 6000.
  • 10-10-2007 1:41 PM In reply to

Agree - but a Beomaster 2000 of the same era would probably be better still! Especially in white. That, along with the Beomaster 2200, is one of the real sonic stars of the B&O range. Loads of power, direct coupled and interesting designs.
  • 10-10-2007 2:41 PM In reply to

casdave:
    A Beomaster 3400 would be a suitable alternative, they are better in many respects, but do not tend to attract the high prices of the 6000.

I know where you're coming from, but I prefer the looks and design of the 6000. Plus it was the flagship model, and there's always a certain cachet about the top of the line models. I looked at a 1980s BM 6000 before getting my BM 8000, and the 8000 just has that extra something  over the 6000 :)

• 11-30-2008 8:48 AM In reply to

I have a Beomaster 6000 with remote and Beocord, but I've listed them on ebay, since I couldn't find anyone to restore these.

Don't think, there still full functional (don't have the necessary cables to test.

So if someone could advise me on a good restoration contact in Belgium or the Netherlands, please contact me.

If not, you can find my set on:

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=200281922103

Thanks,

Jurgen

• 12-04-2008 11:15 AM In reply to

Hi John,

Not sure if you have already solved your search for your BM 6000 quad, but I thought you could try the following dealer in Denmark. I purchased my BM6000 from them and was very happy with the condition of the units, altho they are a little more expensive, you would be gaurenteed of a functioning unit. 

http://www.radioogtveksperten.dk

They have one on their website list (they had it in stock when I purchased mine) but now it shows it as no stock .... but send an email to Soren there and they should be able to assist you.

Otherwise you could keep an eye on the following denmark sites, I saw one on dba.dk a while back.

www.lauritz.com, www.qxl.dk and www.dba.dk

Only downside is you would need to pay the shipping from denmark in each of these cases. 

Well hope that this is of some assistance and you find the right piece to add to your growing collection. 

Laurence. 

• 12-04-2008 12:02 PM In reply to

Hi Laurence

I got there in the end by purchasing a partially working one from fellow Beoworlder Craig. It's now down with Tim Jarman awaiting repair, so hopefully I can join the quad club soon :) 

• 12-04-2008 12:55 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

And be aware of the danish postal charges before buying from a private seller. A BM6000/4 with packaging weighs in at more than 20Kgs so our royal postal service Postdanmark is a no-go. Courier services as DHL, GLS or UPS won't pickup unless at corporate addresses so shipping could be extremely expensive if at all possible.

Nice BM6000/4's are rare to see in Denmark. Judging from Ebay listings etc. there seems to be considerably more of them in the UK and in Germany, maybe also Belgium.

Martin

• 12-04-2008 1:21 PM In reply to

Hi John,

Well congradulations... glad you were able to get one so quickly...

Hi Martin,

Your right about shipping out of denmark its extremely expensive comparitively. For example, the same items shipped out of Denmark FedEx / DHL etc quoted US$1500 compared to US$600 when shipping from the USA.

Fortunately in my case, I had a supplier who regularly ships items using TNT from Europe who got me a rate similar to the USA shipping cost to get my things here. Otherwise it would have made  absolutely no sense.

Laurence. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)