in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-10-2007 2:00 PM by SiliconTi. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2007 9:27 AM

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Temptation

A quiz show we have here in Oz that i haven't watched in a while just gave away a BeoVision 7 32 and BL9's to a pretty smart audio engineer who plowed through all of the most challenging questions. He won the ALL PRIZES level where he also scored a Volvo S80... a few hundred grand worth of goodies... all for being intelligent. Pretty cool huh!

They sure know how to choose the prizes.  

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-09-2007 9:43 AM In reply to

Re: Temptation

Good lord.  That's a pretty insane amount of prizes.  But a Volvo and some B&O gear... if they just gave away a Mac Pro and 3 30" monitors they'd be hitting all my soft spots...
  • 10-09-2007 1:12 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

What an awesome prize set!  You never know when being smart will come in handy.

I've always wondered how those game shows can afford such posh prizes. I'd also be curious to see how much winners have to pay in TAXES on their prizes.Sad 

...my two cents ~AJ
  • 10-10-2007 10:29 AM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Last time I watched that show was in its old Sale of The Century format with Tony Barber, they used to give away quite a bit of BOSE gear back then.  I wonder if they still overinflate the price of prizes...
  • 10-10-2007 10:39 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Well David, if you are smart (or lucky), you should apply to that quiz show

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 10-10-2007 2:00 PM In reply to

joynsyde:

What an awesome prize set!  You never know when being smart will come in handy.

I've always wondered how those game shows can afford such posh prizes. I'd also be curious to see how much winners have to pay in TAXES on their prizes.Sad 

In the USA, you do have to pay taxes on it - usually about 40%.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)