in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-11-2007 3:20 PM by Peter. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2007 11:48 AM

Multi-rooms

Hi,

I have a Beovision 4-50 + Beocenter 2 in the living room and I would like to connect 2 other rooms to the living room so that music can be listened in these rooms as well with the possibility to use the Beo4 in these rooms

-Can I use non B&O speakers in these rooms especially that I am thinking to hide the speakers above the false ceiling for instance?

What do I need to order from B&O in this case?

- Anybody can send me the reference books for the Beolink active and the Beolink passive?

What speakers can be connected to the BeoLink passive? to the Beolink active? Can we connect non B&O speakers to the Beolink active and the Beolink passive?

S.F

• 10-08-2007 12:19 PM In reply to

Re: Multi-rooms

You need Beolink Passive kits if you plan to use passive speakers. These will connect via a Masterlink cable to your system. You can use any normal speakers you like - I use B&W in one of my rooms.

The Beolink Active is for active speakers and are best suited to Beolab speakers. I dare say other makes can work but cannot advise about this.All the manuals are on site but you need to be a silver or gold member to access them. B&O do have some manuals on the official site.

Best wishes,

• 10-08-2007 12:43 PM In reply to

Thanks Peter. That sounds good as I am obliged to hide the speakers above the false ceiling and this case it's not worth it to use B&O speakers.

Does the Beolink Passive need to be accessible?

S.F

• 10-08-2007 1:00 PM In reply to

The Beolink passive does not need to be accessible for daily use.

Regards Keith....

• 10-08-2007 2:00 PM In reply to

Can I get the link for the user manual?

Spec: http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=981

S.F 

• 10-08-2007 5:06 PM In reply to

I use a ML/MCL converter as well for a passive setup. It's a bit cheaper but can do the job.

Also a question. If I run a third beovision in a linkroom do I have to split the coax running from the master in this case a BV7 (RF Modulator out)?

Thanks. 

Chucky

Wanna play?!! (Also a PRIZEWINNER ON BEOWORLD!) 

• 10-09-2007 3:57 AM In reply to

If you wish to add an extra Beovision, you can either use another output of the B&O RF amplifier if you are using one or you can use a splitter as below:-

Splitter

This ensures that impedance match to 75 ohms remains which in turn ensures quality of signal

Regards Keith....

• 10-11-2007 2:49 PM In reply to

Thanks Keith.

I thought I had only 1 RF out on my BV7. Anyway I ca'n put any more cables in so i'll split the signal.

Chucky 

Wanna play?!! (Also a PRIZEWINNER ON BEOWORLD!) 

• 10-11-2007 3:20 PM In reply to

I thought the newer sets required an amplifier for the RF out?
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)