in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-09-2007 6:52 PM by burantek. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2007 8:50 AM

• shuni
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-09-2007
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

set up of beomaster 1970s system (beomaster 2400-2) to 21st-century PC computer

Hi anyone tried linking an ancient system to a computer, in order to listen to music from the pc?

i have a beomaster 2400-2 amp with a din input.

cona subwoofer speakers which lead into c-75 and cx 100 speakers, all of which are passive

in order to listen to music from the pc, i though of wiring a conection from  the computer to the cona (as all inputs  on the beomaster 2400-2 are currently used by  cd player tape player and record players)

- or does it have to be via the amp first?

what would be a good sound card for this? (creative soundcards have only one sound output port-  not sure how would split that to the cona)

would i need a preamp?  if so, what would be the right one?

would i be able to record back in from the analogue sources as well ( an added bonus)  

thanks for helping - your advice is very much appreciated

• 10-08-2007 10:05 AM In reply to

Re: set up of beomaster 1970s system (beomaster 2400-2) to 21st-century PC computer

It is certainly possible - I do it myself! In your system however you are limited by the number of inputs to the Beomaster. The sound from the computer is essentially at line level and so needs to go to the Tape input of the Beomaster. You can get the Tape/CD splitter for the 2400 but I guess you are already doing this! I use a Beomaster 5500 because it has a lot of inputs and outputs using both DINand RCA sockets for this very reason. In essence, a jack to DIN lead would allow you to do what you want. It looks as though you will have to make a choice with regard to which inputs you want.

Connecting straight to the speakers will not work I am afraid.

• 10-08-2007 11:58 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Re: set up of beomaster 1970s system (beomaster 2400-2) to 21st-century PC computer

Hi,

I have modified computer switchboxes for use with stereos, just as you want. Here is a picture - 1 input and 4 outputs. Can be used bidirectionally - to and from the stereo , from and to the external devices.

Works perfectly. Here's a picture - I have coiled 5-pin din cables as well for a real neat professional looking job.

Send me an email if you're interested!

Regards

M Yachad 

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 10-08-2007 12:27 PM In reply to

I remember B&O did something vaguely similar for dealers. In that case it was so you could have a number of Beomasters attached to a number of speakers and choose which comination was on. It used a similar type of design of key to that employed in the Beogram 4002. Very nice looking!
  • 10-08-2007 7:32 PM In reply to

• haris
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-29-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Gold Member

I know it is not really relevant, but what is the best way (to get the best possible sound and functionality) to connect a beosystem 6500 to my pc? (without using BeoMedia 1 obviously)

Sorry if my question is off topic but my knowledge is limited since I am just new to the world of B&O and high quality sound systems in general, and thought it would be best if i consulted you beoworlders who are far more experienced and knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance for any tips and insights, and congratulations to all of you! You really deserve it for the great advice and information that you provide everyday. It is not common to visit such an informative and at the same time "civil" (to all us "newbies") forum...

• 10-09-2007 3:07 AM In reply to

If they are close by, I believe Ridax does a lead and some software which allows control of your music via your remote. Newer systems use Beoport but I don't think this is an option. I attach my computer directly as it sits on top of the 5500!!
  • 10-09-2007 6:05 AM In reply to

• haris
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-29-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Gold Member

Peter:
    If they are close by, I believe Ridax does a lead and some software which allows control of your music via your remote. Newer systems use Beoport but I don't think this is an option. I attach my computer directly as it sits on top of the 5500!!

my pc and beosystem are pretty close by so they could be connected directly. the question is how...

i know i could use an "ipod to B&O lead" sold by Lee at LFAV, but i am a little uneasy about the sound quality. if anyone has a previous experience using such a lead, I would appreciate if you could share some further information. i also have a MCP 6500 and i would prefer to use that (or a beolink 7000!) instead of a ridax remote control. But thanks for the reply Peter! Much appreciated

• 10-09-2007 7:57 AM In reply to

Ridax is a member of Beoworld rather than a make! Look here for what I mean. I think it is exactly what you want!
  • 10-09-2007 8:03 AM In reply to

• ScottMc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-12-2007
    • Ayrshire
    • Posts 37
    • Bronze Member

Hi Haris -

up until recently I was using a B&O>iPod lead from my desktop to my Beomaster 1900 via the audio aux 3.5mm jack on the pc and the tape input on the beomaster (the speakers were CX50's)

i had no problem with sound quality and it was a cheap ebay lead i used - i'm sure that Lee's connectors will be even better.

It's certainly worth a try as the leads are very cheap.

• 10-09-2007 11:59 AM In reply to

• haris
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-29-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Gold Member

So it seams! Sorry Peter, i didn't know what ridax was so i googled it and it lead me to a website of a remote control manufacturer. A misunderstanding I guess...

It is indeed exactly what I was looking for though! I sincerely thank you for your help!

I might also try an "ipod to B&O lead" since it is a pretty inexpensive solution but what you suggest is definitely a more "professional" approach and I will surely give it a try.

Thanks again everyone! Great advise as always... Beoworld is indeed invaluable!!

• 10-09-2007 6:52 PM In reply to

bought an ipod to beo lead for ah... my ipod -sounded great! 

then during some "re-arranging" i looked at the lead and said "hmmm..." -plugged into the back of my g5 and presto -computer thru my 2400-2...

simple and inexpensive -and sounded great.
    • B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)