in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-06-2007 7:36 AM by leysfi. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2007 6:52 AM

Beomedia 1

Is there anybody out there that have experice from the Beomedia 1? If so please tell us/me about it.
    $
  • 04-20-2007 9:16 AM In reply to

Re: Beomedia 1

Do you have any questions? If so, I will gladly answer :)
  • 04-20-2007 10:08 AM In reply to

I would be happy to help to if you have any specific questions.

Have to say I am very happy with mine having had it for about a year now, it really suits me to have the functionality of Beo4 control of my music and photos both in the main room as well as link rooms as well as being able to use it as a PC to surf the internet using a wireless keyboard and mouse when I want internet access in the main room

Steve

• 07-26-2007 4:50 PM In reply to

Hi SteveB

I'm interested in what kind of keyboard you are using. Somebody told me that it wouldn't work. Is there a different possibility to enter passwords for example ? ( perhaps with the Beo4 )

Thanks for your reply and  help.

Tom

• 07-27-2007 7:48 AM In reply to

Hi Tom,

I use a Sony Keyboard, its quite stylish and includes a touchpad to use as a mouse. The keyboard folds out to reveal the keys and so it does not look out of place when placed on coffee table when closed and of course its wireless.

Unfortunately looking at the Sony site it appears that they do not make it any more, but any wireless USB keyboard should work

All the best

Steve

• 07-29-2007 2:11 PM In reply to

Hi Steve

Cool to have such a fast answer.

I will grab my wireless keyboard from my pc an I will go ahead and try.

I saw a great looking Keyboard with trackpad from logitec.

Thanks

Tom 

• 07-29-2007 2:15 PM In reply to

• 09-16-2007 7:43 PM In reply to

• petja
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-15-2007
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Hi Steve,

can you prompt me , how did you connect your wireless keyboard and mouse to BeoMedia 1 ?  i would love to have that possibility to use keyboard nd mouse, but have no idea how to do it .

please advice,

thank you,

Vladimir 

Filed under: , ,
  • 09-17-2007 5:14 AM In reply to

I was wondering if there has been several version of the Beomedia1. In other word, if I am buying a second hand one, will I get the same exact specs as the current version.
  • 09-17-2007 5:22 AM In reply to

wtlc2zpx:
    I was wondering if there has been several version of the Beomedia1. In other word, if I am buying a second hand one, will I get the same exact specs as the current version.

Only different is the HDD. 1st one has 160GB, and now it´s 250GB 

• 11-30-2007 4:53 PM In reply to

• petja
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-15-2007
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

i was trying to watch movies via BeoMedia 1, but it seems, it can play only .mpeg  files.  Generally, it is usual PC with XP system inside. can anyone prompt me, is it possible to install an additional codecs to watch .avi , ,flv  or any ter files as well.

any suggestion or instruction.

i can't use it just for photos. it's a pity, but i am abot to give up and change it for mac mini instead... if i will not find a solution...

please help.

Vladimir 

• 11-30-2007 10:27 PM In reply to

I'm so surprised that, from all PC based solutions, BeoMedia is the one that has almost never been updated, although it is the most expensive solution:

BeoPlayer & BeoPort can show CD art covers, BeoMedia can't

Nor can it play video files (any PC can do that)

Nor can it play Dolby Digital sound (although it has a digital output)!

I had BeoPort & considered buying BeoMedia to have more features, but apart from remote controlling photos, what does it do??NMUSIC & NRADIO are remote controlled with BeoPort, and since you always need a PC, it is much easier & cheaper to connect your PC with BeoPort to your BeoVision ; besides, the video connections on your PC are probably more up to date than the ones on BeoMedia.

Eventually I even sold my BeoPort that caused a lot of bugs on my PC soundcard, and now only use BeoPlayer with a PC software to remote control the application by Beo4.

I would like BeoMedia to act as a real PC (I don't need 2 PCs in my home!) where you can setup the B&O application like on BeoPort, and operate like BeoCenter 2 (as an audio master with one video source) with access to NMUSIC and NRADIO by simply pressing RADIO or AMEM, then pressing PC would access a true PC mode, and if you want PHOTO you would select one of the beo4 coloured keys..and a VMEM feature would be nice to playback your VOB or DVIX files, since BeoMedia is sold as a video product.

This product could have been so great, and yet B&O uses 10% of its potential; I don't understand.. 

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 12-01-2007 7:56 AM In reply to

• petja
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-15-2007
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

after 8 hours of fight , installation of codecs, jumping back and forth in between the rooms ( my  B&o  brains set in different room)  trying to make that amazingly advertised BeoMedia box play my avi movies i AM GAVE UP !

it's one of the biggest disappointments for me during the last year.

B & O  lost a lot  for me. i don't count that company as the one , which provides us a magic solutions , convenience and style.

`BeoMedia 1 is a biggest disaster i ever had at my home.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS !!!  WASTE OF MONEY. FOOL YOURSELF MACHINE.

i am ready to sell it now... after one year of silly tries to justify a purchase of it...

to : B&o  ...  please wake up !  the world is changing bloody fast and if you will not react on people's demands you will lose the magic you've created during many years.

i am so so so so sorry about it.

Vladimir 

• 12-01-2007 9:08 AM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

petja:

after 8 hours of fight ,

IT IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS !!!  WASTE OF MONEY. FOOL YOURSELF MACHINE.

i am so so so so sorry about it.

Vladimir 

I´m very sorry to hear that you are so disappointed of the BeoMedia 1.

I was one of the first who tested the BeoMedia (when it was a 2 box-solution)

And I think this product is made to be just like very many of B&O products - easy to use.

It ia NOT a usual PC media-center - its a Bang & Olufsen Computer Escape to be

controlled with Beo4. Its not made for us PC-users that changes sw, and installing plug-ins and so on.

I think my BeoMedia 1 fills all my needs, wieving photos, listen to my NetMusic & NetRadio - all done with

the Beo4. And my movies in xvid runs with no problem. But I have not tried with avi.

Just my thoughts .........

The great computer escape

BV10

• 12-06-2007 7:36 AM In reply to

• leysfi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

I work with AVI films on my Beomedia, and have no problems with them.
    Just this: I'm copying the files from a pc over a WiFi network to the Beomedia. And I have a network disk mapped to it. From a pc I can see 9 AVI files stored in a subfolder of PHOTO. But on my TV (in PC mode) I only see 6 files. Does this ring a bell by someone? Is there some way or necessity to do a refresh or so?

Regards,
    Filip

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)