in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-05-2007 3:04 PM by TerryM. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-05-2007 5:58 AM

• GANGO
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • italy
    • Posts 48
    • Bronze Member

BV9 trouble...

hi,

i'm really angry Super Angry (in italian you would say" incazzato") with B&O- in april i made a pre-order at my local dealer  of a BV9 to fix the price from the old price list and i wanted to make the order for the end of october, when my new home was already completed. in the meantime the BV9 changed from hd ready to full hd and this means an increase of 900€ if i don't want to spend this amount i could still buy the hd ready for the old price....imo this is not correct, the prices of the panels going down every day ! there is no justification for asking more money for a tv set that costs like a car!!!No - thumbs down

or is this a problem only here in italy?

gango

• 10-05-2007 8:30 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

Re: BV9 trouble...

Hi Gango;

Do they offer you the option of buying either TV at their relevant list prices? That's the way is supposed to be. In any case, if I were you I would go for the Full HD and ask for a present worth the difference in price. In many countries you can get those presents when you spend big money. For a BV9 Full HD I would ask for a Serene (Serenata is maybe too much to ask).

Regards;

Gustavo

• 10-05-2007 1:14 PM In reply to

I think, B&O buys their plasma panels on Mars or Jupiter.

Everyone knows the panels have become much cheaper. So I also do not understand the higher price at all!!!!

• 10-05-2007 2:13 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

There's more to a BeoVision 9 than just the panel. Don't forget it's got 2.5k worth of speaker built in, a BeoSystem 3, a pretty nicely made cabinet, motorized floorstand, and that beautiful frame isn't exactly cheap to manufacture.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-05-2007 3:04 PM In reply to

Given that both the BV9,and the BV7 Mk111,are now shipped without a remote control,how much of the stated extra cost relates to the remote control?

Given the price of these TVs surely they should include a Beo4 as standard with an option to upgrade to the Beo5 at the ordering stage.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)