in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-14-2007 3:32 AM by KingStreet. 47 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (48 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2007 10:21 AM

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

BANG & OLUFSEN magazine coming soon!

Having a poke through the site and saw that they have finally brought out a magazine. I'll be there with my sweaty hands the minute it's avail. Big Smile

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-01-2007 11:28 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: BANG & OLUFSEN magazine coming soon!

I hope if will not only be an advertising magazine...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 10-01-2007 12:43 PM In reply to

I would rather have a catalogue instead of a magazine.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 10-01-2007 1:24 PM In reply to

Yes it looks like a bit of an advertising magazine to me. Something else which will be interesting to see! B&O really are pushing ahead as much as they can before Christmas aren't they?!
  • 10-01-2007 1:26 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

I suspect it will probably just be like the sort of international magazines you get in airport business lounges. It'll be interviews with conductors or film makers, no doubt with lovely photos featuring B&O equipment. I suspect though that it'll be fairly international and hence not that attractive to those other than the sort of people with the time/money to jet off to an art exhibition across the other side of the world for a weekend. I suppose that's the kind of people that it's targetted at though, and the target market for new B&O kit.
  • 10-01-2007 1:57 PM In reply to

It looks very interesting, the web presentation is not complete but you get the same "luxury" feeling that you get from the main catalogue. I wonder how often the magazine will be issued?

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 10-01-2007 2:08 PM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

You're talking about... Nespresso?

What else ?   Stick out tongue

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 10-01-2007 2:17 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Southern CA
    • Posts 137
    • Bronze Member

Well, just so you know... they are calling it... A MAGALOG. 

issued more often than a catalog i think it will be taking its place. 

not 100% sure about it. 
    -Alex
  • 10-01-2007 2:32 PM In reply to

I think is is the 07 version, so that would mean it is once a year, so that would mean it replaces the catalogue.

But maybe next year they have another idea and come back to a catalogue, or call it a bible. 

• 10-01-2007 3:17 PM In reply to

wtlc2zpx:

But maybe next year they have another idea and come back to a catalogue, or call it a bible. 

Sounds like you've been up close to corporate decision making! Wink 

• 10-02-2007 4:45 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Just got home from work and popped into B&O on the way home... but didn't get to pick up the new mag, instead i was presented with an unhelpful store person with dismissive body language. Unpleasant, unhappy. This person didn't appear to have any interest in the new magazine (i am really excited about it, i've been wanting something like this to come out for a long time), he also didn't appear to be interested in talking to me at all. I was disappointed because I passionately respect B&O especially with the way our awesome dealer has accommodated to every single need we've had. I now regard it as one of the first places to go on payday. It is not nice at all to see a sales person who doesn't take me as seriously as I do the company and it's products. Sorry about the rant but it put me in a grumpy mood.  

• 10-02-2007 5:22 AM In reply to

Very silly! B&O stores are supposed to be friendly and welcoming - encouraging foot fall is a crucial part of the business. make a store somewhere that you are wary about approaching is bad for both the dealer and the brand. I would contact the store manager by email and repport your unhappiness. I am sure he will address the issue.
  • 10-02-2007 6:00 AM In reply to

David:
    Just got home from work and popped into B&O on the way home... but didn't get to pick up the new mag, instead i was presented with an unhelpful store person with dismissive body language. Unpleasant, unhappy. This person didn't appear to have any interest in the new magazine (i am really excited about it, i've been wanting something like this to come out for a long time), he also didn't appear to be interested in talking to me at all. I was disappointed because I passionately respect B&O especially with the way our awesome dealer has accommodated to every single need we've had. I now regard it as one of the first places to go on payday. It is not nice at all to see a sales person who doesn't take me as seriously as I do the company and it's products. Sorry about the rant but it put me in a grumpy mood.  

And you have phrased it perfectly: It is not nice at all to see a sales person who doesn't take me as seriously as I do the company and its products.
    At least I trust you're not in Germany, there dealers have been known to throw famous potential clients out of their stores, because they weren't dressed "right."

• 10-02-2007 6:10 AM In reply to

Yes, when in struer, the B&O marketing manager told us he once walked in a B1 shop with the B&O CEO himself, and the CEO was ignored because he was wearing jeans! The shop manager only adressed the marketing guy!

p.

• 10-02-2007 6:44 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

It wasn't as dramatic as ignoring the CEO! lol I think it is my age that makes it hard for some people to take me seriously.

I don't feel comfortable making a formal complaint to the manager. Though i must say that the manager of this store in Dj's is very cool, he is very passionate i enjoy talking to him alot. 

• 10-02-2007 6:48 AM In reply to

David:

It wasn't as dramatic as ignoring the CEO! lol I think it is my age that makes it hard for some people to take me seriously.

I don't feel comfortable making a formal complaint to the manager. Though i must say that the manager of this store in Dj's is very cool, he is very passionate i enjoy talking to him alot. 

Oh, a lot more dramatic than ignoring the CEO. You're paying for B&O products ...

• 10-02-2007 12:30 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Thats a really good point mate.

Maybe this is a good time to come clean and admit that i don't own BL5's and that i made it all up from boredom. I'm really not worth the hassle! I'm weird! Stuff comes out of my head, not my mouth and i'm delusional half the time. I'm sorry, i'm the worst Beoworlder of all. Sad half our B&O equipment is actually from ebay and i feel bad about that every day, because our dealer is so amazing.

Everytime i go to the newsagent i look for ANYTHING to do with B&O, so this magazine is truly a step forward to me.

OK i am weird who cares, i like being weird. 

• 10-02-2007 1:14 PM In reply to

David:

Thats a really good point mate.

Maybe this is a good time to come clean and admit that i don't own BL5's and that i made it all up from boredom. I'm really not worth the hassle! I'm weird! Stuff comes out of my head, not my mouth and i'm delusional half the time. I'm sorry, i'm the worst Beoworlder of all. Sad half our B&O equipment is actually from ebay and i feel bad about that every day, because our dealer is so amazing.

David! You are not the worst BeoWorlder by any means. There aren't any bad BeoWorlders.

And please don't feel guilty about buying your B&O from eBay (just be careful)! Not everyone can afford the very high prices of B&O, especially at a young age when your career has literally only just begun. The day will come that you'll be able to afford the latest and brand new B&O, so don't feel guilty. Instead, B&O as a company should be taking very good care of you considering you're almost certainly (in my opinion) going to remain a life-time B&O customer.

• 10-02-2007 2:43 PM In reply to

David:

I'm sorry, i'm the worst Beoworlder of all. Sad half our B&O equipment is actually from ebay and i feel bad about that every day, because our dealer is so amazing.

Only half? The vast majority of mine came from other sources than dealers!! I know I have bought quite a bit of equipment from my dealers as well but I get just as much pleasure from my old equipment - especially if it cost very little! Your dealer should know that a passion for B&O will often translate into a customer who will at some point buy all sorts of things. I used to plague my first dealer I am sure but he was never anything but wonderful to me. He is now a franchise holder in London - Denis Carr - and if I lived in the south, I would never go anywhere else.  Knowledge and charm  personified! If it had not been for him, I am sure I would have probably bought something else!

• 10-02-2007 3:45 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

I haven´t faced problems like described about a certain dresscode. I don´t think it´s  B&O policy at least not very "Danish" at all! But of course sales persons are supposed to behave properly!

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 10-02-2007 4:51 PM In reply to

I have only been to Bang & Olufsen dealers in the US and France.  I think I have always visited these stores wearing jeans.  I just don't recall a sign at the door indicating there was a dress code.

Furthermore as to the forthcoming magazine, I expect that as a registered purchaser of B&O products, the magazine will be mailed to me.  OK maybe I'll go to the store to get the magazine if I am sent a notice.

I was at a Bentley dealer last week and I was better dressed.  I wore black jeans.

David.  Don't be grumpy.  Get even.  Next time you purchase something at that store, ask to see someone else or better yet complain to the manager.  For me, I always make my purchases from the same person and ask for him by name when I telephone or enter the store. 

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 10-02-2007 5:28 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

There is definitely no dress code in the UK stores (well, none of the stores I've visited), although the sales people always wear suits. I don't particular care what they believe, based on how I dress. There is an upmarket jewellers in the centre of Bath who do look down at you when you walk in in jeans - buy something though, and they quickly treat you differently, next time you visit, irrespective of your dress code!
  • 10-02-2007 5:55 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The problem is that a lot of rich people are now trying to dress more like 'your average punter', or simply don't feel a need to let their money affect the way they dress.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-03-2007 2:16 PM In reply to

Hey David, why in the world should you be a bad BeoWorlder? 

I also did not buy all my B&O stuff as new, i think this is very normal. I also would like to buy a BV9 and such stuff, but i simply can't afford it. And i also have a very nice dealer too, i would like to buy great products at his store, but well, i will have to wait. And if i find something nice on ebay, why not buying it there? That is nothing against the dealer i think.

Like you, i am quite young, i do not earn a lot yet (at least i hope it gets better some time   ) and my dealer also knows this, that's no secret. But no problem with this, i often just visit him just to have a tech-talk or have a look at some B&O stuff. I think this is what a good dealer and a good shop makes: Make you feel comfortable and kind of being at home in the shop. That's how it is there. And the dealer would also be not really smart to ignore you just because you are young and do not have that much money, because you are the future, you will buy at his store when you can afford a B&O product that you want, if he ignores you, i am sure you will shop at another place. 

I think you are a great BeoWorlder with a lot of knowledge and interesst! So keep it up! 

• 10-04-2007 10:26 AM In reply to

Source: Media Week, APA

Consumer electronic goods manufacturer and retail Bang & Olufsen has commission contract publisher Forward Publishing to produce its first international customer magazine.

Forward, which also publishes magazines for Barclays, Vodafone, and Tesco Clubcard, won the contract last week following a competitive pitch hosted by the Association of Publishing Agencies.

The win is the second major deal brokered in March by the APA’s new business service, after Audi awarded Northstar its publishing contract.

Called B&O, the 120-page issue will launch in October. Published biannually, it will run features in the first half of the book, with a catalogue of products at the back.

Kim Moller, Bang & Olufsen’s marketing communications manager, said he wanted the magazine to overrun perceptions that the firm was ”the stupid blonde of consumer electronics” by promoting the functionality of its products, alongside lifestyle features on the experience of listening to music and watching films. Published in 30 languages in seven additions, each version will have eight pages of regional editorial.

Page 1 of 2 (48 items) 1 2 Next >