in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-30-2007 5:27 PM by Tom. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-30-2007 5:35 AM

Beoworld .org compared to .co.uk

Hi Beo friend's Smile

Wondering just how well visitet and how large the "new" Beoworld is. In some areas like photoes it almost seems like the old one was more built out. Right or wrong?

Have a nice day, Martin 

• 09-30-2007 5:41 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Beoworld .org compared to .co.uk

The previous owner of BeoWorld never really divulged much about the old sites statistics, but from the snippets of information we gathered, the "new" BeoWorld has roughly doubled the web traffic we used to have.

The Picture Gallery is something that we are going to address very shortly - it's just finding the time for me to have a meeting with the web designers and decide exactly how we are going to approach it.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-30-2007 6:49 AM In reply to

Fast reply Smile I must admit that i have lacked the time to be very online the last years but before i was a frecquent user of Beoworld. Always a great Bang & Olufsen fan, and works with it today. I will look forward into the photo gallery.
  • 09-30-2007 6:50 AM In reply to

Wink
  • 09-30-2007 8:29 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I find there is one big difference between the old and the new beoworld:

The comunity fealing is much stronger IMO. Going online to beoworld is somehow like going to a pub, especially on prize draw nights or on wednesdays. 

Concerning the sections of the site that need to be built out, I am sure that it will be done. To quote GuyHui: Everything gets done with patience:

Yes -  thumbs up

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-30-2007 10:12 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

tom:
    Going online to beoworld is somehow like going to a pub...

Oh great, so now I need ID to get online as well...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 09-30-2007 10:25 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Alex:
    tom:
    Going online to beoworld is somehow like going to a pub...

Oh great, so now I need ID to get online as well...

only if you look like age 14... Stick out tongue

• 09-30-2007 10:43 AM In reply to

There are a lot of haters out there though who hate the fact that Beoworld is now recognised as being a fantastic and unique group of individuals who all share the same passion that is B&O.

Shame really that there are those out there who will not stop until they ruin this fantastic website and its community.

Angry 

• 09-30-2007 10:53 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

There aren't that many people that dislike BeoWorld Mobe, most people see it as being so friendly that it's pointless staying on the outside and just join in the fun! 

There are lots of people who would love to be on BeoWorld more, just like BeoMagic - but we all have busy lives with jobs, children and other time-consuming projects all demanding our time.

The nice thing is though, that someone can 'disappear' for as long as they wish - and when they return, it will be as if they had never left. Tom got it just right when he said "it's just like going to the pub" - it is, and we all have a great laugh too!  The world is becoming a more stressful place to live every day, and it's great to find a place to unwind with friends who share the same passion too - Bang & Olufsen.

Lee
    Big Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-30-2007 11:22 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Hmm................... I need to work on a "virtual beer" for Wednesdays - tricky!Hmm

Good idea thoughBeer

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-30-2007 11:47 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

One big difference I have noticed is no more messages saying the site is down. As far as I know we have had one incident of this happening. Just goes to show all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. Just take it for granted that when I click on Beoworld it will be there, and it is.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 09-30-2007 12:03 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:

Hmm................... I need to work on a "virtual beer" for Wednesdays - tricky!Hmm

Good idea thoughBeer

LaughingLaughingLaughing

That would be fantastic!

But would get drunk of it, the computer or the user? I

• 09-30-2007 12:10 PM In reply to

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

I like beoworld a lot! I visit the forum many times each day (except when I'm out of town) and I must say that the main site looks and works great! Ok, I must admit that I more frequently checked the product pages on the old site - but only because of the catalogue photos and the original specifications of each product - but I still think that the new site is superior!

I do have one problem with the new site, and it is the forum software - I simply think that a vBulletin forum (which I guess the old forum was, or was it PhpBB?) is much better than the Community Server forum and there are a bucnh of vBulletin functions that I really, really miss. However, this doesn't keep me from visiting the forums reeeeeally often :) Thanks beoworld!

• 09-30-2007 12:39 PM In reply to

I agree with Craig. The new BeoWorld site has never had ongoing unlucky spells of 'server down-ness,' and I'm sure this is greatly due to the investment which has been speant on the website and our community.

The old and new BeoWorld has always been quite formal which I like, and it is rare that any of us see any kind of argument that gets out of hand on BeoWorld. And although I haven't had the chance to meet up with any BeoWorlders yet, I very much look forward to the time that I do, as we are all friends really. I'd challenge all of you to find someone else you could talk to about B&O as much and in as much detail as we do! For this, I thank all BeoWorlders.

As mentioned at the very start of this thread, yes the photos section is currently smaller than what we did have on the old BeoWorld, but no surprise to hear that Lee is already and already was on the job!

I think we can all agree the Prize Draw is a huge excitement to the Gold Members on the new site, and hopefully the lucky F Gold Members will become more and more proud of their unique F in the future!

Overall, I loved the old BeoWorld, and I love the new BeoWorld too. Smile

• 09-30-2007 3:02 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Henry:

I'm sure this is greatly due to the investment which has been speant on the website and our community.

Excuse me Mr language policeman. What does speant mean?

I think Beoworld .org is brilliant and improving all the time.
    If I lost Beoworld, it would be like having an arm removed.
    Great family-type atmosphere, all with our own idiosyncracies (and some of us can spell)

Puncher, I will PM you a couple of crates of  lager for Wednesday and you can be in charge of dishing them out.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-30-2007 3:08 PM In reply to

Dear Mr. T,

Do forgive me for my misplacement of the letter A in the word 'spent' in my previous post. This is commonly known as typo, which can often occur by cause of human error while speedily poking the letter keys on one's computer keyboard.

Best regards,

Henry Jones
    English Language Protection Officer
    Scotland Yard

• 09-30-2007 4:08 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

tom:
    Puncher:

Good idea thoughBeer

LaughingLaughingLaughing

That would be fantastic!

I have noticed my computer getting drunk on the odd Wednesday (or are all Wednesdays odd??Confused) - I type normally but complete jibberish appears on screen!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-30-2007 5:19 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

As opposed to when you're drunk and you type absolute jibberish but it appears completely normal!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 09-30-2007 5:27 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:
    tom:
    Puncher:

Good idea thoughBeer

LaughingLaughingLaughing

That would be fantastic!

I have noticed my computer getting drunk on the odd Wednesday (or are all Wednesdays odd??Confused) - I type normally but complete jibberish appears on screen!

Don't bother! I think on Wednesdays, everybody can understand whatever you write... Stick out tongue

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)