in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-30-2007 4:00 AM by Peter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-29-2007 3:27 PM

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Where now? What to keep, what to sell, what to upgrade?

Well, I had a chat with the local dealer who said he'd need a few days to speak to his technical guy about this, so in the mean time I thought I'd get some forum suggestions. Basically, I have 2 seemingly incompatible syetems from the time when I had one at home and one at university, but now I have one single flat and I need to work out what to do.

I have a Beosystem 5500, with the LP and tape player being very heavily used; hence I am very reluctant to have to upgrade this. Attached to this are 4 of my speakers, and a (non B&O) combined DVD/VCR player which run through a projector onto my wall (the sound being plugged into the Aux input on my 5500). I also have a modern setup in my bedroom consisting of a PC2 and passive kit which I run my computer music through. Ultimately, I'd like to have a Beo5 where the main options were "Phono, Tape, CD, NMusic, DVD, VCR, Light" with everything being accessable everywhere.

What I'm after would presumably involve buying a DVD player and a VCR, but I've asked about a VCR in the past and been told that I would need to run it through a B&O television. As I have a projector though, this seems like something I can't do. Basically, I want a Beo5 set up as above, and I know that I'll need to buy some things, possible sell some things on ebay, and possible upgrade aspects of what I have. Can anyone give some ideas as to where to move to from here?
  • 09-29-2007 7:57 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Where now? What to keep, what to sell, what to upgrade?

Are the V8000's any good? I'm not sure what to recommend with VCR's - imho it's a dodgy old format that not many people use anymore.

Do you like the BeoSystem 4500 design? I think that with a BLink7000 would make for a lovely upgrade for your LP's and tapes.

Do you know all about the Lintronic signal converter? Then you can do all sorts with your Beo remote.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-30-2007 4:00 AM In reply to

Re: Where now? What to keep, what to sell, what to upgrade?

Thinking off the top of my head, what about getting a Beosystem 2 video processor which can probably link to the 5500 (if you are lucky!) through a 1611 Beolink converter and this will allow you to work your projector and also, if you have the right DVD players, use a DVD controller which will allow control elsewhere. The Beosystem 2 is no longer cutting edge but is not bad at all and will be fairly cheap. Just an idea and I cannot guarantee it working, but something to think about.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)