in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-19-2009 4:05 PM by KingOfSnake. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-26-2007 5:30 PM

unlock region coding for beocenter 2 (MK II)???

How do I unlock the region coding for the BeoCenter 2 MK II version?? I have heard there is a particular (non-B&O) remote to do this. Unlocking the MK II version is not the same as unlocking the MKI version... is this correct? Your help is appreciated. Please send detailed instructions if you  have. Thank you!!!
  • 09-26-2007 10:02 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Re: unlock region coding for beocenter 2 (MK II)???

To unlock my BV7-40" a service tech came over and put a disc in the reader. Took all of 5 minutes. Not sure if BC2 is the same but i'm assuming it is.
  • 09-27-2007 4:52 PM In reply to

Thanks for your reply. I think the BeoCenter 2 (MKII) requires a different method for unlocking it. I have spoken with a technician at Bang & Olufsen America in Chicago about this. He informed me that - at one time - he had a remote that unlocked the MKII version... unfortunately, though the remote 'mysteriously' disappeared. So, we are left still searching... QUESTION: is your BV7-40 a US version or European model? Thank you!
  • 09-27-2007 5:13 PM In reply to

Indeed there is a (non-B&O) remote that can do the job. It is a modified Beo4, made by a Danish company (not B&O). The importer of your country might have it for rent for your dealer, for a small fee. This is the way it works for dealers in the Netherlands.
  • 09-27-2007 5:21 PM In reply to

Great! Thank you for the lead. Do you have the name of the Danish company? Or any contact info ?
  • 09-27-2007 5:25 PM In reply to

Sorry, allready searched for it, but I cannot find it (yet). May be somebody else knows.
  • 09-27-2007 5:27 PM In reply to

Well, I appreciate the lead. Thank you anyway.
  • 09-27-2007 6:15 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I am reliably informed that you can use a Palm Pilot and download the software from the internet, but i cannot substantiate this!

Our B&O engineer refuses to Multi-Region B&O products though as it's actually against B&O policy (and i think it may even be illegal?).  If anyone asks me to MR a product, i have to take it to a man in a dark basement where you have to knock twice and promise not to look at him..

Laughing

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-27-2007 6:43 PM In reply to

I haven't heard about the software yet for the MKII version. I'll search. I am aware of the legality issues :-) Trying to accomodate someone who owns DVDs from another country, but lives in the US w/ a BeoCenter 2 he purchased here in the US. Thanks!
  • 09-28-2007 6:43 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

It is illegal to import a multi region product but it is not illegal to open region the product once it is in the country (go figure). Once worked for Sony and B&O for 4,5 years respectively and it was common to go out to the customers homes and open region it, usually send a tech out to do it. The older B&O products would be open regioned via master link, some with a disc in the reader and as i'm told here with a palm pilot. Bottom line is if you have parted with that amount of money B&O should come out and do it for you. But how is this, after being with B&O for 5 years (No longer working for them) they made me pay for the tech to come out (service is now out sourced) even though i'd just purchased BV7-40, BL5's and BL3's. That's my little rant but i still love B&O!
  • 10-05-2007 4:52 PM In reply to

Hey, thanks for the tips:-) Nice purchase! Love the BeoLab 5s!
  • 10-05-2007 6:45 PM In reply to

Jez:
    It is illegal to import a multi region product but it is not illegal to open region the product once it is in the country (go figure). Once worked for Sony and B&O for 4,5 years respectively and it was common to go out to the customers homes and open region it, usually send a tech out to do it. The older B&O products would be open regioned via master link, some with a disc in the reader and as i'm told here with a palm pilot. Bottom line is if you have parted with that amount of money B&O should come out and do it for you. But how is this, after being with B&O for 5 years (No longer working for them) they made me pay for the tech to come out (service is now out sourced) even though i'd just purchased BV7-40, BL5's and BL3's. That's my little rant but i still love B&O!

Thats the ultimate insult. I would avoid a dealer with those principles at all costs.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 04-24-2008 4:27 AM In reply to

I got mine here: mr_reg@hotmail.com

But it was not cheap. I think it was 400Euro.

Rgs Bimse.

• 04-24-2008 5:50 AM In reply to

I have one of those Beo4's in my collection. It was purchased from "Hifi Dealer" before they went bump. Think I paid £300 for it. However, it has unlocked 3 BV7's, an Avant DVD, a BC1 and a BC2 (MK1) to date so I'm guessing I'm about breakeven compared to paying a dealer who would be prepared to do it.

The remote has through the List button got 2 extra lines: REG1 and REG2 (which are nothing to do with the region but to do with the send code.

A typical input on how to program a BC2 to region code "0" would be:-  

• 1) Program the BC2 to option 2
    • 2) Put A.Aux in the List on the BC 2
    • 3) Select A.Aux on the BC2 (must be in the display of the BC2)
    • 4) (See No.7 Before attempting next section) Press List on the Beo4 remote until REG 2 is in the display
    • GO
    • GO
    • 5) 1 Second between the commands
    • 6) BC2 shows DISK in the display and goes back to A.Aux
    • 7) Now the BC2 is programmed to region code "0"

The whole process takes 20 seconds.

10%

• 04-24-2008 10:46 AM In reply to

That's fantastic, Mr10Percent! I wonder if we might be able to program the "REG 2" command line into the Beo5. Do you know what the B&O IR command string might be?
  • 04-26-2008 6:28 AM In reply to

I've looked through all of the B&O IR codes in the Beo 5 Configuration Tool. Nothing seems to resemble "REG1" or "REG2." Perhaps they are listed as some other IR code or a string of codes?
  • 04-26-2008 4:12 PM In reply to

• magnushj
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-16-2007
    • Trondheim, Norway
    • Posts 139
    • Silver Member

Would be interesting to hook one of those remotes up to an oscilloscope and have a look at the output. Maybe one could build a small remote containing just those two buttons and use a normal beo4 for the rest of the commands.

If the commands and numbers are the same for all units when you are in the menu a one button remote that sends the codes the beo4 can't as a macro would do. :)

Beocenter 9500+Beolab Penta mk2+Avant+MX7000+Beosound Ouverture+1xBeolab 6000 :)
  • 04-26-2008 6:05 PM In reply to

Mr10Percent:

I have one of those Beo4's in my collection. It was purchased from "Hifi Dealer" before they went bump. Think I paid £300 for it. However, it has unlocked 3 BV7's, an Avant DVD, a BC1 and a BC2 (MK1) to date so I'm guessing I'm about breakeven compared to paying a dealer who would be prepared to do it.

The remote has through the List button got 2 extra lines: REG1 and REG2 (which are nothing to do with the region but to do with the send code.

A typical input on how to program a BC2 to region code "0" would be:-  

• 1) Program the BC2 to option 2
    • 2) Put A.Aux in the List on the BC 2
    • 3) Select A.Aux on the BC2 (must be in the display of the BC2)
    • 4) (See No.7 Before attempting next section) Press List on the Beo4 remote until REG 2 is in the display
    • GO
    • GO

The whole process takes 20 seconds.

10%

A lintronic box will show you the command it send and can lean it. Then any with a lintronic, can get the software and do it them self. Smile

• 04-26-2008 11:24 PM In reply to

magnushj:
    Would be interesting to hook one of those remotes up to an oscilloscope and have a look at the output. Maybe one could build a small remote containing just those two buttons and use a normal beo4 for the rest of the commands.

If the commands and numbers are the same for all units when you are in the menu a one button remote that sends the codes the beo4 can't as a macro would do. :) 

The sequence and input codes for all products is different to one another. i.e. BV7 is different from Avant, which is different from BC1. DVD1 etc.. However, interesting concept for the use of the Beo5.

10%

• 04-27-2008 8:54 AM In reply to

You would be such a hero on Beoworld if you could share those codes! Is the sequence that you posted the actual sequence to unlock the BeoCenter 2 MK1?
  • 04-27-2008 9:07 AM In reply to

calling Keith Saunders

Keith,

With your extensive knowledge of B&O IR codes and the Beo 5, would you have any idea what the "REG2" and "REG1" codes might be on the Beo5 Configuration Tool? 

• 04-27-2008 9:15 AM In reply to

These are all the codes I have. I think I lost/deleted the DVD1, but that can be unlocked by hard key on the DVD1 itself.

However, I have no idea how to obtain the codes for REG1 and REG2 and whether that code can be mimmicked on a Beo5

BeoVision 7 32"/40" 0:

Switch on the BeoVision 7 in dvd mode

• 1) No dvd in loader
    • 2) Loader closed
    • 3) Use the Beo4 remote to press
    • REG 2 (in the list)
    • Press go
    • Shift 0
    • 5) When the first IR-code is transmitted there will appear an X on the top left side of the television screen. After 2 seconds this X will disappear
    • 6) Wait 1 Second between the commands
    • 7) If the X appears for a second time start all over again
    • 8) Now the product is programmed to region code "0"
    • 9) Do not use the region code settings in the service menu!

BC2               

Program the BC2 to option 2

• 1) Put A.Aux in the List on the BC 2
    • 2) Select A.Aux on the BC2 (must be in the display of the BC2)
    • 3) (See No.7 Before attempting next section) Press List on the Beo4 remote until REG 2 is in the display.
    • GO
    • GO

Avant DVD & BeoCenter 1:

Switch on the Avant or BeoCenter 1 in dvd mode

• 1) No dvd in loader
    • 2) Loader closed
    • 3) Use the Beo4 remote to press
    • REG 2 (in the list) REG 1 if Phillips mechanism
    • Press Go
    • Shift 0
    • 5) When the first IR-code is transmitted there will appear an X on the top left side of the television screen. After 2 seconds this X will disappear
    • 6) Wait 1 Second between the commands
    • 7) If the X appears for a second time start all over again
    • 8) Now the product is programmed to region code "0"
    • 9) Do not use the region code settings in the service menu!

10%

The Small Print:- I guess I should also caveat this information just incase anyone does get hold of the REG1 and REG2 codes that this information has been given with the best intentions possible and that anyone using such codes does so at their own risk and that any errors could cause serious faults to your equipment and possible invalidate your B&O warrenty.

• 11-23-2008 1:20 PM In reply to

In light of Keith's new 3rd party IR software for the Beo5, I wanted to bump this thread up in hopes that someone might be able to discover the "REG1" and "REG2" codes.
  • 02-04-2009 8:12 PM In reply to

• peroh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-16-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

Is there anybody can tell me what is "No.7" mean? at the following 3)?

I also could not find REG1 or REG2 on my Beo4.

BC2               

Program the BC2 to option 2

• 1) Put A.Aux in the List on the BC 2
    • 2) Select A.Aux on the BC2 (must be in the display of the BC2)
    • 3) (See No.7 Before attempting next section) Press List on the Beo4 remote until REG 2 is in the display.
    • GO
    • GO

Filed under:
  • 02-05-2009 9:13 AM In reply to

Hi all,

So how does the Hard change for the DVD 1 go then?

cheers

GUY

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >