in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-27-2007 1:42 PM by JOV. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-26-2007 8:33 AM

Beo5 Macro ideas

Hi,

I am not yet a Beo5 owner, but I thought I'd start a thread where we could share ideas of Macros for the Beo5.

1/ For example, I listen to Digital radio on Sky. I turn the TV on and search for my radio, they have a number with 4 digit, and then I turn the screen off.

Instead, I could have a menu called "Sky radio" on the remote, in this section I would have a list of logos with my favorite radios.

For each button, the Macro would be AV + DTV + 1234 for example.

2/ For lights, instead of Having to Press Ligh and then Plus and then a number, I would have Macros for each mood, each with a name: All on, Reading, Watching TV, Dinning, etc...

3/ For lights again, I would name my lamps. Instead of pressing LIGHT + LAMP + 1, I would press "Ceiling".

... now your ideas ...

• 09-26-2007 9:19 AM In reply to

Re: Beo5 Macro ideas

This is a good idea, but far too complex for me to even think about programming into my Beo5. If possible I would like a 'Most Watched' list of the TV channels I watch most. E.g. Sky One, Sky Sports, BBC1 and so on. Perhaps just 10 channels in this Most Watched list.
  • 09-26-2007 9:26 AM In reply to

For TV channels, I would have menus for each Groups: Favorites, News, Weather, Sports, Music, and inside a selection of channels.

• 09-26-2007 9:32 AM In reply to

• 09-26-2007 1:31 PM In reply to

if you send AV + DTV everytime, the sound will proberbly disapear for a sec or two as it will to a change source and the channel surfing will tale a little longer as well.

• 09-26-2007 5:16 PM In reply to

Great thread, wtl... Smile And with a thread like this, no Beo5 will be the same.

Here are some of mine ideas:

- One page with shortcuts to my favorite teletext-pages, on different tv-channels.

- Some shortcuts to some features of my stb, especially the harddiskrecorder.

- And since I own a Dreambox, some shortcuts to my favorite internet-radio stations, with logos offcourse.

• 09-26-2007 5:21 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

I would firstly ask whether these Macros are written by the dealer or whether they're use enterable? I'm not actually all that knowledgeable of the Beo5 (being too short of cash to be able to justify one anyway)

I would have thought though, that the obvious one would be for bachelors with a penchant for seduction. This would dim lights, turn the music source on, turn the bass higher than you would normally listen to music at, and start a gas fire (if you have a setup that has that kind of ludicrous extra)
  • 09-26-2007 5:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Any thing that can be done with a combination of buttons on your Beo4 can be done with one press of your Beo5!
    Cannel surfing can be quicker as the signals can be sent a lot quicker by Beo5 than you can do with your thumb.

Could you all please read my last post on the "Beo5, who got the first one?" thread and then make comment. Thanks.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-27-2007 10:08 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Does it requite any special SW to make the macros and dowload logo's etc. or does the SW needed come with BEO5?

Ken

• 09-27-2007 10:16 AM In reply to

Yes it requires the software to do macro,

The SW is not given by B&O, you have to go to the shop to get your remote configured.

Some shops will charge.

p.

• 09-27-2007 1:42 PM In reply to

• JOV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Since my dealer had no idea how powerful the new remote is, I ask my questions here.

First I'd like to give my Lutron light scenes names: Dining, Reading, Cinema, Cleaning, Schatzi, ...
    Second I'd would like to have complex macros for different types of situations:

Start the beamer --> choose Video Mode x --> switch on the HD-DVD-Player --> select HDMI-Channel 1 in HDMI-switch --> dimm the lights to Cinema-Scene --> close the curtains --> switch on the speakers/amps --> activate the robot with the ice cold beer...

Since B&O has no HD-DVD/beamer solution I would use a lintronic box to convert the different IR-signals. What do you think: Is it possible to program Beo5 as an universal remote for different types of brands in combination with a lintronic box?

Jens

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)